• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius My point is vaccines aren't as secure as everyone says
The vaccines have been demonstrated to be relatively safe and effective.

please don't try mock me with the "have courage to tag me or respond", like just don't be like that
I was not mocking you, but if you want someone to see something you wrote, you need to tag them or respond to one of their posts directly.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
The vaccines have been demonstrated to be relatively safe and effective.

I was not mocking you, but if you want someone to see something you wrote, you need to tag them or respond to one of their posts directly.
Yeah "relatively" safe not 100%, I took it I was fine, but it doesn't go for evryone. I know many people who took it and became sick for days, not just the one person who vomtted blood

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I didn't say sex was a social construct. I said gender was a social construct. You seem to be confusing the two.
Yeah you are right, sex and gender is not the same thing. Humans have a sex, objects have a gender.

Which is why you imply with your theories that trans people aren't normal people, but objects that have to be categorized into genders.

I on the other hand view thans people are any other human being, they don't have a gender, because they aren't objects that you can classify, they are individual human beings that were born with one sex and transitioned into the opposite sex.

There's no mystery mumbo jumbo black magic flat earth theory needed here.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you are right, sex and gender is not the same thing. Humans have a sex, objects have a gender.

Which is why you imply with your theories that trans people aren't normal people, but objects that have to be categorized into genders.

I on the other hand view thans people are any other human being, they don't have a gender, because they aren't objects that you can classify, they are individual human beings that were born with one sex and transitioned into the opposite sex.

There's no mystery mumbo jumbo black magic flat earth theory needed here.
Humans have gender, and I have no idea what this has to do with Roe.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, so vomiting blood is just acceptable?!

Of course not, but you surely know we can have histories of people vomiting blood after eating a croissant, if there's inclination to be against croissants. Correlation doesn't mean causation, and we should consider the medical history of the person.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Of course not, but you surely know we can have histories of people vomiting blood after eating a croissant, if there's inclination to be against croissants. Correlation doesn't mean causation, and we should consider the medical history of the person.
Sorry to get all mad just confused by why you brought that up

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Humans have gender, and I have no idea what this has to do with Roe.
Human gender is tied to their sex, the same doesn't apply to objects.

English isn't even a gendered language so I don't know what the fuss is all about in English-speaking countries.

And even when you get to study gendered languages like Spanish or any other Latin-derived language, you will find out that the gender of objects don't coincide with the gender of humans.

One such example would be the word astronaut, in English the word has no gender, but in Spanish it has Female gender: Astronauta.
However, that gender only applies to the object itself (in this case, the profession), not to humans, if you were to specify a human astronaut, you have to use El/La for male or female, El Astronauta, La Astronauta, because El/La refers to a human, but Astronauta refers to a profession, there is no such thing as an Astronauto.

Some professions do get adjusted to the gender of the person (conductor, conductora), but that only furthers indicate that human gender is strictly based on sex, while objects either have neutral gender, or their gender is tied to the sex of the human involved.

There's may other examples of this in any gendered languages, but English isn't one so it's hard to find them. There wasn't even a he/she in old English, everyone was she. The introduction of a He was due to influence of gendered languages like French and Spanish.

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
One's gender identity doesn't always comport with one's sex, since the former is a social construct.
The problem with this perception and these theories is that it equates trans with objects and makes a clear distiction between them and the rest of us. You even have words to seggregate those who are trans from those aren't, words like cisgender, transgender, gender fluid, etc, that go above and beyond pure sexual orientation and tries to make them into a totally different category aside from humans.

I can asure you, transexual people, same as homosexuals and bisexuals, are just as human as heterosexuals, they aren't a different category or a different "gender", they are people with sexual orientations like anyone of us.

What you propose is saying that because I like apples and you like oranges we should classify differently and consider each other as very different beings.

I knew the democrats loved Jim Crow laws, but damn you can't make it so obvious.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with this perception and these theories is that it equates trans with objects and makes a clear distiction between them and the rest of us. You even have words to seggregate those who are trans from those aren't, words like cisgender, transgender, gender fluid, etc, that go above and beyond pure sexual orientation and tries to make them into a totally different category aside from humans.
Are you suggesting that people who are transgender are not human?

Reactions: Dakitten

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are you suggesting that people who are transgender are not human?
No, YOU ARE, when you use the word gender instead of sex.
The word gender comes from the Latin word Generus. It is used to identify subspecies.
It was coined by John Money and the whole idea behind it is to differentiate, not to be inclusive.
So you might want to check the sources of your own theories before spitting out contradicting comments.

In any case I will dumb it down so even a radical iliterate leftie like you can understand:

- There is only ONE GENDER: Humans (Generus Homo).

- Humans have TWO SEX: Male or Female.

- Some humans are not OK with the sex they were born into, and its ok (nobody asked them what sex they wanted to be born with anyways), so they change from one SEX to the other SEX, but they are still of the HUMAN GENERUS (Gender).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, YOU ARE, when you use the word gender instead of sex.
The word gender comes from the Latin word Generus. It is used to identify subspecies.
It was coined by John Money and the whole idea behind it is to differentiate, not to be inclusive.
So you might want to check the sources of your own theories before spitting out contradicting comments.

In any case I will dumb it down so even a radical iliterate leftie like you can understand:

- There is only ONE GENDER: Humans (Generus Homo).

- Humans have TWO SEX: Male or Female.

- Some humans are not OK with the sex they were born into, and its ok (nobody asked them what sex they wanted to be born with anyways), so they change from one SEX to the other SEX, but they are still of the HUMAN GENERUS (Gender).
You appear to be confusing gender with genus, and I have no idea what it has to do with Roe.

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You appear to be confusing gender with genus, and I have no idea what it has to do with Roe.
Ok let's start from square one. I don't really wanna be in bad terms with you, or wanna start any biggotry.

I get it that you wanna fight for trans people rights, I admire that and in no way want to critizice it.

But I digress, if you wanna fight for someone's rights, you gotta know what that someone is, right?

So, if you wanna fight for women's rights, you have to be able to properly define what a woman is.
Same goes for trans people.

You keep using the word transgender, which also implies you believe in the word cisgender, but I say these words are discriminatory and seggregates as it gives the impression that we are talking about the existence of people who are "normal" (non-trans, cisgender) and people who aren't (trans).

The correct term would be transexual, as it correlates nicely with heterosexual, homosexual and bisexual, which appear to be a more inclusive categorization that treats everyone as equally human based on a single behaviour rather than their entire persona.

Now, I would like to know what your definition of "transgender" is, and give me examples that aren't either a man transitioning to a woman or a woman transitioning to a man. Give me an example of any other human gender that you can transition to and from. You can't, because there's no human genders.

Reactions: zfreeman

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Whether or not someone makes a stupid decision is irrelevant to whether or not their bodily autonomy should be taken away. We don't punish the alligator bite victim by refusing medical care, lol.
An Alligator bite victim in this scenario already punished themselves.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An Alligator bite victim in this scenario already punished themselves.
You seem to be confused by your own analogy. The "dumb" behavior of hanging around an alligator is analogous to having irresponsible sex. The alligator bite is analogous to the pregnancy. Medical treatment for the alligator bite is analogous to medical treatment for the pregnancy (e.g. an abortion). Let me know if you have any questions.

You keep using the word transgender, which also implies you believe in the word cisgender, but I say these words are discriminatory and seggregates as it gives the impression that we are talking about the existence of people who are "normal" (non-trans, cisgender) and people who aren't (trans).
Using words to describe different types of people isn't inherently discriminatory. You might as well be making the same argument about the words homosexual and heterosexual, lol.

The correct term would be transexual, as it correlates nicely with heterosexual, homosexual and bisexual, which appear to be a more inclusive categorization that treats everyone as equally human based on a single behaviour rather than their entire persona.
Transexual deals with sex, and transgender deals with gender.

Now, I would like to know what your definition of "transgender" is
People who are transgender have a gender identity that differs from the one that society says would normally comport with the sex they were assigned at birth.

Transgender people can also be transsexual, but that isn't always the case.

and give me examples that aren't either a man transitioning to a woman or a woman transitioning to a man. Give me an example of any other human gender that you can transition to and from. You can't, because there's no human genders.
Nonbinary or genderqueer.

For the last time, what does this have to do with Roe?

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You're right. Nonbinary and genderqueer deal with gender, not sex.

You also keep ignoring my question about what this has to do with Roe.
Yeah but humans don't have gender unless you make them up for the sole purpose of seggregation.

Basically what you are saying is that a trans person is different from me, and I don't buy that, as it's biggotry at it's finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...