• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we assume the same thing, about anything, subjectivity thrown out. So, of course? You are going to be disappointed with my response, but a person only has the bodily autonomy that they can enforce. The state is a problem. The government is a problem. I won't be satisfied until we, as people aren't interested in governing over each other. I'll probably die before that. For the meantime, I'll live for it though.
I'm interested then why you think a state should be able to violate one's bodily autonomy.

while this is sad, if you really need an abortion, what's stopping you from going to a state that allows it?
Maybe the nearly 900 miles there and 900 miles back for some people. Just a hunch.

As I've said before, there being abortion access in another state doesn't make statewide abortion bans less deplorable.

Reactions: The Catboy

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm interested then why you think a state should be able to violate one's bodily autonomy.

"Should". I didn't use that word as far as I know. I'm not pretending that legislature is moral. The lack thereof seems to be step in that direction imo.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, that was as much about the right to not be exposed to the disease by anti-vaxxers as much as it was about anything else.

Second, I don't remember anyone seriously talking about requiring vaccination by law. Sure, there were policy positions that would require proof of vaccination under specific circumstances (public transit, working in a healthcare facility, etc.), but nobody's bodily autonomy rights were ever being violated.

Try again.

uh by law in my state if you want your children to go to school both public or private to be fully vaccinated by the school year against stuff like mumps polio measles etc they also tacked on covid to the list been like that for decades nothing new just a new fad called antIvaxxing (or atleast more prevalent since covid) the only other alternitives are home school or prison (for the parents that is)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Should". I didn't use that word as far as I know. I'm not pretending that legislature is moral. The lack thereof seems to be step in that direction imo.
You might want to make your views more clear then, because you've more than suggested that pregnancy at least sometimes takes precedence over bodily autonomy.

uh by law in my state if you want your children to go to school both public or private to be fully vaccinated by the school year against stuff like mumps polio measles etc they also tacked on covid to the list been like that for decades nothing new just a new fad called antIvaxxing (or atleast more prevalent since covid) the only other alternitives are home school or prison (for the parents that is)
Unfortunately, depending on where parents live, there are often broad exceptions to vaccination requirements for schools. Regardless, there's nothing stopping a parent from keeping their children away from institutions that require vaccination.

Reactions: Dakitten

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
while this is sad, if you really need an abortion, what's stopping you from going to a state that allows it?
If this is your logical conclusion, then why even outlaw abortions in the first place? Why make people travel to get safe abortions, when we could just leave them legal and safe all over?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You might want to make your views more clear then, because you've more than suggested that pregnancy at least sometimes takes precedence over bodily autonomy.
I don't think so. Just because I disagree with something someone says doesn't mean I'm advocating the other side of the spectrum that they are on. That's how a lot of people think and I think that's an ignorance that we are dealing with. We shouldn't have to live like that.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If this is your logical conclusion, then why even outlaw abortions in the first place? Why make people travel to get safe abortions, when we could just leave them legal and safe all over?

"Diversity"? Maybe some communities that outlaw abortion turn out better? This is a chance for us to find out.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so. Just because I disagree with something someone says doesn't mean I'm advocating the other side of the spectrum that they are on. That's how a lot of people think and I think that's an ignorance that we are dealing with. We shouldn't have to live like that.
You've suggested that pregnancy at least sometimes takes precedence over bodily autonomy.

I'm asking you to make your views clear. Why won't you?

"Diversity"? Maybe some communities that outlaw abortion turn out better? This is a chance for us to find out.
They don't.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You've suggested that pregnancy at least sometimes takes precedence over bodily autonomy.

I'm asking you to make your views clear. Why won't you?
I don't think I have. I do think I have suggested that pregnancy can be a result of bodily autonomy. Every situation is different. I can only be as clear as each individual situation.
They don't.
Brave new world.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Because men hold their opinions above others and for some reason that’s respected.
You are sexist, and you are saying ALL men have the same views (above yours). Putting eveyone into the same box because they don't hold the same view as you........and I'd bet you'd be the first to whinge about sexism.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You are sexist, and you are saying ALL men have the same views (above yours). Putting eveyone into the same box because they don't hold the same view as you........and I'd bet you'd be the first to whinge about sexism.
It's not sexist because it's feeling like a woman, and they can't be sexist.

Or maybe it's a man, so it it can't be sexist, because he is talking about his own gender.

Who f'kn knows?

Sexism is just an social construct anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: mrdude

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I have. I do think I have suggested that pregnancy can be a result of bodily autonomy. Every situation is different. I can only be as clear as each individual situation.
You literally said bodily autonomy "doesn't always" take precedence over pregnancy. If you didn't mean it, you need to make your views more clear.

The word "all" wasn't used.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You literally said bodily autonomy "doesn't always" take precedence over pregnancy. If you didn't mean it, you need to make your views more clear.
It literally doesn't when the state can force you to do what it wants. Again, ideals vs reality. I'm not disagreeing with your virtue.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd still see that as temporal and conditional. If you need a state or a federal government to represent you for you, then we aren't there yet. Banning abortion might be a wake up call. I don't know.
We were talking about how you think it should be, but feel free to continue to obfuscate your opinions because they're embarrassing.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We were talking about how you think it should be, but feel free to continue to obfuscate your opinions because they're embarrassing.
I never mentioned how I think they "should be". That's your thing. I'm just accepting of what I cannot control.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Sure, that's if it's born. Abortion is to cease it to be born? I don't have any say in a woman's body.
Abortion rights. A man can argue for a women's right to have an abortion. Anybody that likes your comment and is a man and continues to argue for abortion rights is a hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...