• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand why it is beneficial that it was federal and the implications of it no longer being federal.

But the point is why should it be? In an unbiased fair take why should it be? It was made federally legal based on legal precedent of a trial that was completely fraudulent.

Being completely fair and honest and partisan it should be overturned and that's exactly what happened.

Because why shouldn't bodily autonomy be in the Constitution? Why was it specifically left out that no one person should have hold over the body of another? You don't think it's weird that the government, that anyone, should have a say in what another person does with their body?

In the case of abortion, I can understand where people who argue Father's rights are coming from, but aside from any party directly involved in the birth and care of that child, why should anyone have a deciding factor in what happens? We abolished slavery (outside debt and the for profit prison industry) but we as a nation still try to desperately hold onto what little control we have left on people and for what?

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Well. Does retail fraud count?

Got arrested just soon after turning 17 for that and because in my state 17 year old's, still legally considered a minor, can be charged as adults I have retail fraud forever on my record, may be a relatively small thing compared to pregnancy and abortion. but I'm sure most retail stores wouldn't want to hire me if they ever caught wind I used to steal from places like theirs, say they ran a background check?

Could have easily avoided it. Could have...not done it, though about the possible outcomes for instance, but I did because I liked the cheap thrill of stealing stuff from stores at the time. Hell I even got away with it once and was dumb enough to go back to the same place, because I thought it was easy.

The difference I suppose is that I'm willing to accept the consequence. Because it was my fault I ended up there.

Guess some people, myself included, just need to I dunno, think before they do? Put aside the abortion argument for a minute, thinking about your choices in advance could solve so many problems in the world.

Anyway, I think I'm done arguing. We'll have to agree to disagree. Feel free to think whatever heinous thoughts you want about me if you want to be petty over me having a different stance. I respect your opinion, I just felt like debating for a while.
According to your own logic you should have been forced to raise a child at 17 because you did something dumb. Funny how that didn't have to apply to you though, just women you think deserve the punishment.

Because why shouldn't bodily autonomy be in the Constitution? Why was it specifically left out that no one person should have hold over the body of another? You don't think it's weird that the government, that anyone, should have a say in what another person does with their body?

In the case of abortion, I can understand where people who argue Father's rights are coming from, but aside from any party directly involved in the birth and care of that child, why should anyone have a deciding factor in what happens? We abolished slavery (outside debt and the for profit prison industry) but we as a nation still try to desperately hold onto what little control we have left on people and for what?
According to their own logic they have no right to not be an organ doner since there is nothing in the constitution granting them that right. If they want that right they need to pass an amendment.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about let's codify all the shit Clarence Thomas says should be overturned like contraceptive access or even better yet LOVING VS. VIRGINIA, lets even say Brown vs Board of Education?? Because THAT'S Not in the constitution either. What's fair is fair isn't it Thomas??

Lets have any spineless republican vote against or filibuster interracial marriage, racial integration or access to condoms on their goddamn record so we know where they truly stand. "They aren't racist" so there shouldn't be any excuse to codify it right?? We already had one politician from Illinois say that interracial marriage should be left up to states but later backtracked...PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR FUCKING MOUTH IS.
Yeah here is the mind set. What about the next thing they may turn over. Just cause 1 person said they should look into it doesnt mean its guaranteed to get overturned. One does not mean the other quit trying to add to what this decesion means. At any time those could be looked at even if row v. Wade was still intact.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
What about the next thing they may turn over. Just cause 1 person said they should look into it doesnt mean its guaranteed to get overturned. One does not mean the other quit trying to add to what this decesion means. At any time those could be looked at even if row v. Wade was still intact.
what if roe v wade was involved in several hundreds of supreme court decisions, used as the legal basis for some other major court rulings. What if perhaps just maybe, your knocking the entire structural pillar on other major rulings. And if you didn't remove roe, you wouldn't have the precedent to remove decisions based on or relating to after roe.

Reactions: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah here is the mind set. What about the next thing they may turn over. Just cause 1 person said they should look into it doesnt mean its guaranteed to get overturned. One does not mean the other quit trying to add to what this decesion means. At any time those could be looked at even if row v. Wade was still intact.
I'll repeat myself again, this is exactly what you guys said before Roe v Wade was overturned.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to your own logic you should have been forced to raise a child at 17 because you did something dumb. Funny how that didn't have to apply to you though, just women you think deserve the punishment
Last I knew shoplifting doesn't get women pregnant but hey, whatever you have to tell yourself to make using abortion as a crutch to continually escape becoming a parent an acceptable alternative to just trying to not conceive in the first place.

Agree to disagree.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As if you and your ilk are in any way humane yourselves. You're not. Keep crying and reeing.
This is what projection looks like.

The Childfree-Friendly Doctors List, for those who need to find someone open to performing sterilisations (without the usual "you'll change your mind"/"what if your hypothetical future husband wants kids?" bullshit):

https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/wiki/doctors/
This is exactly what every man opposed to abortion should be doing, to help ensure less abortions happen. Thank you for your service.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I knew shoplifting doesn't get women pregnant but hey, whatever you have to tell yourself to make using abortion as a crutch to continually escape becoming a parent an acceptable alternative to just trying to not conceive in the first place.

Agree to disagree.
You said being a parent is a consequence of doing something dumb. Now suddenly it's not, because you're the one involved. Weird how that always happens with you guys.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not the one upset that women- excuse me, "birthing people", can't kill babies easily in certain states now, am I?
Let's turn the wording around. You're the one who is upset that women can terminate a zygote in some states. Luckily for me, no one is killing babies. Keep crying about it, fascist.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said being a parent is a consequence of doing something dumb. Now suddenly it's not, because you're the one involved. Weird how that always happens with you guys.
Still fail to see how shoplifting means I somehow contributed to the conception to a child by stealing from a store. Last I knew you needed to have unprotected sex and finish inside for that to happen.

D4mtnsCUEAA6RS6.jpg

SonicFrisbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And no one was forcing anyone to get an abortion, but you are in favor of forcing someone to stay pregnant. Something the UN has decided is a crime against humanity btw. Wild how conservative views always align with fascism.
Umm, we all agree murder is wrong though so there's no dictating here.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's turn the wording around. You're the one who is upset that women can terminate a zygote in some states. Luckily for me, no one is killing babies. Keep crying about it, fascist.
I'm not crying, I'm happy and laughing at people like you who think this is the worst thing to happen in human history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4