• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help it when it's so easy to see how people get upset that they can't get their way on killing babies easier anymore. I mean, wouldn't you find grown ass adults throwing tantrums like 2 years olds a bit funny and sad?

Your definition of tantrum and mine must be different. I've seen some name calling and "Fuck offs" but I just thought that was standard forum etiquette.

You gonna be alright when that gun bill passes the house within a month or two?

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have no reply, though. Your dumb decision shouldn't come with any real consequence, but unprotected sex should, right? Explain why.
Who said my dumb decision shouldn't come with a consequence?

I got arrested, I did a year prohibition, got drug tested twice a month when I had at that point, never touched a substance drug tests looked for. I did 80 Hours community service, and then another 80 hours basically for free in exchange for not having to pay money for my supervision fees. I have a permanent mark on my record that might prevent me from getting a job, if it ever comes down to me possibly needing to apply to a retail store.

I never said I shouldn't have had consequences. I DID have consequences and I accepted them without kicking and screaming and REEEE-ing at people because it was MY fault I ended up there.

That's the difference. I took accountability for my actions and didn't try to get out of what I did to myself.

The fact that you're trying to saddle me with a child for shoplifting when shoplifting =/= having unprotected sex and finishing inside a female who isn't on birth control is an asinine argument and quite frankly is grasping at straws. You have nothing else to use.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You brought up projection first, and then you showed actual projection. I just pointed it out. No need to get mad bro.
"No need to get mad bro."
E0p-uqUXEAM8Vh3.jpg

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your definition of tantrum and mine must be different. I've seen some name calling and "Fuck offs" but I just thought that was standard forum etiquette.

You gonna be alright when that gun bill passes the house within a month or two?
They can pass all the shit they want, but it won't fix gun violence, not the way they're doing it. Only blasting criminals will fix that. The moment they try to go after the 2nd Amendment itself is gonna cause a civil war, since no American will ever give up their guns to the government without a fight.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who said my dumb decision shouldn't come with a consequence?

I got arrested, I did a year prohibition, got drug tested twice a month when I had at that point, never touched a substance drug tests looked for. I did 80 Hours community service, and then another 80 hours basically for free in exchange for not having to pay money for my supervision fees. I have a permanent mark on my record that might prevent me from getting a job, if it ever comes down to me possibly needing to apply to a retail store.

I never said I shouldn't have had consequences. I DID have consequences and I accepted them without kicking and screaming and REEEE-ing at people because it was MY fault I ended up there.

That's the difference. I took accountability for my actions and didn't try to get out of what I did to myself.

The fact that you're trying to saddle me with a child for shoplifting when shoplifting =/= having unprotected sex and finishing inside a female who isn't on birth control is an asinine argument and quite frankly is grasping at straws. You have nothing else to use.
I said real consequence, but because you have no honest argument to make you chose to misrepresent what I said. Typical. Oh, you had a year of probation and community service? Surely that's equal to the lifetime consequence you think women deserve, right?

SonicFrisbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great we agree too! But were not killing children, it's a fetus, a zygoate, not developed enough to be a baby, thanks.
A fetus and a zygote in a human womb is still a human being. How do we know? Because it's literally alive, growing and could have a amazing future and to stop that growth and that future is murder.

To kill literally means to deprive of life or put an end to.

So as long as it's alive it is a human being.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why shouldn't Roe v Wade be thrown out?

The entire thing was a lie anyway. She lied about being raped. The whole trial was a sham. You don't have a constitutional right to have an abortion.

Abortion should ALWAYS have been handled at a State level. This is fair and reasonable.
So yeah, this claim is completely false
https://checkyourfact.com/2022/05/09/fact-check-roe-v-wade-rape-race-claim/
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/10/rape-wasnt-part-of-roe-decision/
https://eu.statesman.com/story/news...e-ruling-consider-rape-allegation/9703052002/
https://apnews.com/article/archive-fact-checking-5473330059

This is what we’ve always been up against. Pro-lifers literally just make shit up and then expect to be taken seriously. People make this kind of shit up shouldn’t be taken seriously in any conversation. It’s clear they either believe everything they are told if fits their beliefs or they just make shit up. Either way, their claims shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A fetus and a zygote in a human womb is still a human being. How do we know? Because it's literally alive, growing and could have a amazing future and to stop that growth and that future is murder.

You're literally talking nonsense and you know it.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said real consequence, but because you have no honest argument to make you chose to misrepresent what I said. Typical. Oh, you had a year of probation and community service? Surely that's equal to the lifetime consequence you think women deserve, right?
It's not a life time of consequence they, I dunno, keep their pants on instead of letting any schmuck hit it without taking any sort of precautions.

But Agree to disagree. I'm done with the mental gymnastic squad.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can pass all the shit they want, but it won't fix gun violence, not the way they're doing it. Only blasting criminals will fix that. The moment they try to go after the 2nd Amendment itself is gonna cause a civil war, since no American will ever give up their guns to the government without a fight.

Except when they start repealing all these laws and policies constituting people as less than people, radicalizing them against each other and then giving them guns, there won't be much Americans can do. They'll kill each other off first and then martial law will go into effect. And we've been such a bully to every minority and every country global wide, who do you think is gonna help? No one. Pretty soon we'll look worse than Russia while every one else is "owning the libs" and bashing "incels".

What a great take from this.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
tus and a zygoate in a human womb is still a human being. How do we know? Because it's literally alive, growing and could have a amazing future and to stop that growth and that future is murder.
Yeah and forcing the mother to carry it when it will kill her will also kill the baby, and that would be murder too. Or how about if the mother can't care for the child, and the child dies of starvation and dies. Murder. OR HOW ABOUT MEDICARE FOR ALL, when the child has diabetes type 1, and needs insulin in order to survive, but because you didn't pass that, they are going to fucking die. That's murder too isn't it? That future is heavily deprived because you refuse to help aid in it. You just care for the mother to shit out the child and that's it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Arguing the potential of a bright future is naïve at best or attempting to play on emotions at worse.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a life time of consequence they, I dunno, keep their pants on instead of letting any schmuck hit it without taking any sort of precautions.

But Agree to disagree. I'm done with the mental gymnastic squad.
That's the extreme minority of cases but okay. Enjoy living the rest of your life without consequences while being hateful toward others who make a specific mistake.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
I understand why it is beneficial that it was federal and the implications of it no longer being federal.

But the point is why should it be? In an unbiased fair take why should it be? It was made federally legal based on legal precedent of a trial that was completely fraudulent.

Being completely fair and honest and partisan it should be overturned and that's exactly what happened.
The Roe v Wade decision was the US Supreme Court legislating and creating a law which they can't do. Even RBG agreed that it wasn't handled properly.

The Supreme Court reviews laws that were passed by the Congressional branch and then signed by the Executive branch and then rule if they are constitutional or not.

Congress is free to bring this up and try to create a new amendment. But good luck getting the needed votes to pass it, it's almost like half the country doesn't agree with it or something. They could also try backdooring the policy and without funds from states unless they they do x/y/z. This is why we have a standard 21 drinking age across all the states, if states didn't raise it to that they didn't get federal road funds.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except when they start repealing all these laws and policies constituting people as less than people, radicalizing them against each other and then giving them guns, there won't be much Americans can do. They'll kill each other off first and then martial law will go into effect. And we've been such a bully to every minority and every country global wide, who do you think is gonna help? No one. Pretty soon we'll look worse than Russia while every one else is "owning the libs" and bashing "incels".

What a great take from this.
But I guess the BLM/Antifa riots that went unchecked was ok? If the country goes into turmoil, it's not gonna be the way you think. And I don't know if other countries will help us, and I don't care since a civil war involves the country itself, and no one else really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Gross. lol