• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why shouldn't Roe v Wade be thrown out?

The entire thing was a lie anyway. She lied about being raped. The whole trial was a sham. You don't have a constitutional right to have an abortion.

Abortion should ALWAYS have been handled at a State level. This is fair and reasonable.

Because it's still the same argument at that level, but so many more factors get brought into it because, honestly, some of those politicians have some t weird draconian ways of thinking. Just because you're progressive enough to know a woman should have equal rights to a man (God I hope you think that), doesn't automatically mean everyone else does, and some of these people get to be governors, senators, even president(!)

When it was backed by federal law it was... "easier" to be able to have access to what you needed and when if you wanted to try and ensure pregnancy didn't happen (contraceptives). When you have dozens of politicians that have high Christian values all over the place, you're bound to run into at least a few that ban contraceptives too, because now there's no Federal backing. And then what next? No divorces because it's against the Bible? It's not the semantics of the argument that's being debated, it's the implications that have already happened and will assuredly happen again now that it's been repealed.

Reactions: n00bsaib0t

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you think you have a soul? If so at what point of your life did you get it? Did you think it was the instant you were born, what if you were born prematurely, would you not have a soul? Did you get your soul at 9 weeks, 17 weeks, 9 months?
I don’t think I have a soul and I don’t believe religion has to answer to what a “soul” is. I believe religious beliefs like this shouldn’t be involved in law nor in the conversation about other people’s health. If someone is religiously against abortions because they believe in a soul, then that person shouldn’t get an abortion. If they believe that their belief should dictate if others should or shouldn’t get an abortion, then that’s a violation of First Amendment.

Reactions: SyphenFreht

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How about let's codify all the shit Clarence Thomas says should be overturned like contraceptive access or even better yet LOVING VS. VIRGINIA, lets even say Brown vs Board of Education?? Because THAT'S Not in the constitution either. What's fair is fair isn't it Thomas??

Lets have any spineless republican vote against or filibuster interracial marriage, racial integration or access to condoms on their goddamn record so we know where they truly stand. "They aren't racist" so there shouldn't be any excuse to codify it right?? We already had one politician from Illinois say that interracial marriage should be left up to states but later backtracked...PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR FUCKING MOUTH IS.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why shouldn't Roe v Wade be thrown out?

The entire thing was a lie anyway. She lied about being raped. The whole trial was a sham. You don't have a constitutional right to have an abortion.

Abortion should ALWAYS have been handled at a State level. This is fair and reasonable.
Sources?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not forcing anyone to get pregnant.
Yet you believe people should be forced to carry a child if they are raped, incest, or going to die. That’s literally forcing them to stay pregnant. Even if you aren’t forcing them to get pregnant, you are still willing to force them to stay pregnant.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet you believe people should be forced to carry a child if they are raped, incest, or going to die. That’s literally forcing them to stay pregnant. Even if you aren’t forcing them to get pregnant, you are still willing to force them to stay pregnant.
The dude is so pro life he doesn't care who has to die for that pregnancy to continue.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Because it's still the same argument at that level, but so many more factors get brought into it because, honestly, some of those politicians have some t weird draconian ways of thinking. Just because you're progressive enough to know a woman should have equal rights to a man (God I hope you think that), doesn't automatically mean everyone else does, and some of these people get to be governors, senators, even president(!)

When it was backed by federal law it was... "easier" to be able to have access to what you needed and when if you wanted to try and ensure pregnancy didn't happen (contraceptives). When you have dozens of politicians that have high Christian values all over the place, you're bound to run into at least a few that ban contraceptives too, because now there's no Federal backing. And then what next? No divorces because it's against the Bible? It's not the semantics of the argument that's being debated, it's the implications that have already happened and will assuredly happen again now that it's been repealed.
I understand why it is beneficial that it was federal and the implications of it no longer being federal.

But the point is why should it be? In an unbiased fair take why should it be? It was made federally legal based on legal precedent of a trial that was completely fraudulent.

Being completely fair and honest and partisan it should be overturned and that's exactly what happened.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The dude is so pro life he doesn't care who has to die for that pregnancy to continue.
I am aware but I am going to call out bullshit when I see it. It’s the same wordplay over and over again and that shit needs to be called out

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am aware but I am going to call out bullshit when I see it. It’s the same wordplay over and over again and that shit needs to be called out
Sorry, I was trying to play off Peace Keeper saying he loves peace so much he doesn't care how many men, women, or children he needs to kill to get it. I know you know what this dude is lol.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My source? Literally Jane fucking Roe.
What source do you have to back up the claim that it was false accusation of rape? From what I can tell, the case had nothing to do with rape and rape was never even mentioned. What source do you have to your claim?

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
But the point is why should it be? In an unbiased fair take why should it be? It was made federally legal based on legal precedent of a trial that was completely fraudulent.
I'm going to disregard entirely your part about it being fraudulent since you have no evidence for it. And state this:
No you fucking asshat, it was made federal so parties (like the GOP) couldn't decide to be a dipstick and decide to ovrrule what the majority of people wanted or thought, since gerymandering is a thing Again, you voted against stoping.
Again most people are not Republicans, the Republican party is a minority ruling over the majority. Most of us didn't want it removed, but it was removed anyways.

SonicFrisbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you two don't understand that sex is generally a biological drive comparable to the drive for food or water. Not having sex can literally cause depression, anxiety, and posting anti-choice rants on GBATemp.
You're incorrect that it is comparable to food or water it's not even close to comparable because food and water give us the energy we need to survive, sex actually consumes energy.

We can all agree the body doesn't need sex to live in fact there are people who are asexual.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine if you did something really stupid before you were 18 and had to live the rest of your life with a punishment for it, even though the punishment was easily avoidable. the rest of your life down the drain because you wanted to have fun, and were stupid about it.
Hm. Well. Does retail fraud count?

Got arrested just soon after turning 17 for that and because in my state 17 year old's, still legally considered a minor, can be charged as adults I have retail fraud forever on my record, may be a relatively small thing compared to pregnancy and abortion. but I'm sure most retail stores wouldn't want to hire me if they ever caught wind I used to steal from places like theirs, say they ran a background check?

Could have easily avoided it. Could have...not done it, though about the possible outcomes for instance, but I did because I liked the cheap thrill of stealing stuff from stores at the time. Hell I even got away with it once and was dumb enough to go back to the same place, because I thought it was easy.

The difference I suppose is that I'm willing to accept the consequence. Because it was my fault I ended up there.

Guess some people, myself included, just need to I dunno, think before they do? Put aside the abortion argument for a minute, thinking about your choices in advance could solve so many problems in the world.

Anyway, I think I'm done arguing. We'll have to agree to disagree. Feel free to think whatever heinous thoughts you want about me if you want to be petty over me having a different stance. I respect your opinion, I just felt like debating for a while.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
The difference I suppose is that I'm willing to accept the consequence. Because it was my fault I ended up there.

Guess some people, myself included, just need to I dunno, think before they do? Put aside the abortion argument for a minute, thinking about your choices in advance could solve so many problems in the world.
No we're not going to "put aside the abortion argument"
Because a minority party just ruled over the majority and took away a federal right we had for decades, when NONE of us wanted it removed. That is not democratic in the fucking slightest.

SonicFrisbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats exactly what pro lifes dont seem to understand
Women who really want abortion in place where it is illegal will go with quack who will sell their shit and do the abortion for them.
Those women will surely die of infection or stuff like that
I feel for the women who have lost their lives to unsafe abortions but those cases will make women a LOT more cautious of becoming pregnant unexpectedly, which will increase responsibility in the next generation.

Last edited by SonicFrisbee,

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No we're not going to "put aside the abortion argument"
Because a minority party just ruled over the majority and took away a federal right we had for decades, when NONE of us wanted it removed. That is not democratic in the fucking slightest.
I've already bowed out of the debate, re-read my post, I edited it. You're free to be as pissy over my opinion as you want but I'm done.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
ou're incorrect that it is comparable to food or water it's not even close to comparable because food and water give us the energy we need to survive, sex actually consumes energy.

We can all agree the body doesn't need sex to live in fact there are people who are asexual.
that is a fucking gross misunderstanding of asexual people.
People don't just "become" asexual. they are generally speaking born that way. WHICH MEANS the reverse is also fucking true, people are born to have attraction to someone else.

Saying that someone just needs abstain is fucking stupid and a gross misunderstanding of sex in peoples lives, because condoms and birth control can fail, they work most of the time, but that's why we have plan C, abortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol