Hacking Rockband2 Music Store

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just a quick off topic question, is there any way to save the dlc right to the sd card and not the wii memory? It seems to save transfer to the sd card after saving to the wii, but still takes up wii blocks...

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ga1l0w said:
Just a quick off topic question, is there any way to save the dlc right to the sd card and not the wii memory? It seems to save transfer to the sd card after saving to the wii, but still takes up wii blocks...

I don't get why everyone is having issues. I have 57 blocks to save my RB2 info, and 1 block for the DLC. Everything is on SD card.

Is EVERYONE but me and Mrk bootleg and using soft mods ????

And if you had actually read the thread, you would have noticed that everyone is having that problem....

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know the save only takes up 1 block. The actual songs take up over 100, but don't show up anywhere. You can see it in the block calculations when downloading DLC.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna (hopefully) Dump my NAND tomorrow, been really busy lately and haven't had time for Wii stuff
smile.gif

And for the people that want to use this to get Free DLC, It's not going to happen
biggrin.gif
smileipb2.png

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ga1l0w said:
I know the save only takes up 1 block. The actual songs take up over 100, but don't show up anywhere. You can see it in the block calculations when downloading DLC.

Wow....

Yes, you're right, it downloads to the system memory first. Then, if you chose to save content to SD card, it should back up to SD right after. When thats done, the files LEAVE your main memory, and go onto the SD card.

Thus, when you have 305 blocks before the download, and you have 305 blocks when you start the next one, thats where they go....

And maybe the blocks don't show up on the Data Management page in the Memory menu of the Wii, but the blocks free are correct, and you can see the DLC when you pop in your SD card to a comp....

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mexiken said:
Ga1l0w said:

Wow....

Yes, you're right, it downloads to the system memory first. Then, if you chose to save content to SD card, it should back up to SD right after. When thats done, the files LEAVE your main memory, and go onto the SD card.

Thus, when you have 305 blocks before the download, and you have 305 blocks when you start the next one, thats where they go....

And maybe the blocks don't show up on the Data Management page in the Memory menu of the Wii, but the blocks free are correct, and you can see the DLC when you pop in your SD card to a comp....
I actually changed the CIOS on my wii and the normal rock band 2 save takes up 57 blocks, and it won't read my old 1 block save :/.
The problem I'm having with the DLC is that rock band II is inable to delete the DLC when it "temporarily' moves it to the wii, such when you download it or play the song.

Photokon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I got a weird problem. I can access the channel and purchase the songs, but as soon as it goes to download them it kicks me out to the main screen and says error 204704. I guess it's a wii shop channel error. I have a 3.2U wii with the hacked update for the shop channel. Should I just do an official update or what?

Bergkees

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
gumbyscout said:
I have the same problem. It did the same thing with GH:WT, but it'd give a shop error message when it couldn't move it. When I went and bought GH:WT the problem went away. If you delete the "songs" off of the wii memory they'll still be on the SD card so the wii will be able to find them, but when you load them up they get stuck on the wii's internal memory again. I tried using softchip to see if there was a difference, but it still does the same thing. Pretty much the problem is that it can't delete the songs via the game from the wii's memory, maybe I need a certain normal IOS?

Yep, exact same problem over here. Softhacks seem to fail when using the DLC from both GH-WT and Rockband 2
mad.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Photokon said:
Hey guys, I got a weird problem. I can access the channel and purchase the songs, but as soon as it goes to download them it kicks me out to the main screen and says error 204704. I guess it's a wii shop channel error. I have a 3.2U wii with the hacked update for the shop channel. Should I just do an official update or what?

I have the Homebrew Shop Update and it works fine

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
I'd be interested to have a look at the rb2 DLC content too. Files from SD cards aren't much good because they're encrypted different for each wii, it's much more useful to use fs browser and copy individual files (look in title/00010005/ for the DLC directory and content, and ticket/00010005/ for the .tik file. Use button 1 to copy files to the SD card).

Wow, I can't believe I missed your post. I'm gonna run Fs Browser right now.

Edit: I extracted the app, the tmd and the 2 tik files. Not sure if I need the data file, It gave me an error when trying to extract it in FS browser.

In total, these files are only about 50kb. That can't be right...

Edit 2: Hmm, the file is definitely for RB2, since in a hex editor, the first line is aZAE.

Durr...all of my dlc is on my SD card because RB put it there
dry.gif
I'll download a free song without my SD in and try Fs Browser again
tongue.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've one of the Free DLC songs if anyone wants it
smile.gif

The file structure is the exact same as the Disc, and we have been unable to get the Audio to work. I'm going to try to replace some DLC with disc stuff and see if the game loads.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
I've one of the Free DLC songs if anyone wants it
smile.gif

The file structure is the exact same as the Disc, and we have been unable to get the Audio to work. I'm going to try to replace some DLC with disc stuff and see if the game loads.

Awesome, hope you'll get things working
smile.gif

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
let me know if you need someone to test it.

btw i am able to download np they store on the wii and transfer to the SD with no problem.
using Gamma and Softchip.

And i don't have shop channel update so i dunno why some are having problems.

3.2 Wii un modded

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1