Hacking Rockband2 Music Store

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm too bad about 1/4 of the songs were already on the track packs. Now I'd love to play afterlife on the superior rockband 2 system, but when I got track pack 2 namely for that song harmonix should have gave wii owners the option to import songs over from the track packs instead of double charging us for the same songs. Guess I'll stick with just the track packs until harmonix releases real dlc. BTW the buried and me song is amazing glad it was free dlc, but i would have paid 2 bucks for it. *I'll probably eventually buy afterlife and the kill "again." But the others I'll just switch in my track pack discs.*

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
On mine, It shows 1 Block For DLC since I guess all of mine just saved to SD
tongue.gif

Anyone have any tools I could edit a Wii .bin file? For Custom Songs?

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
On mine, It shows 1 Block For DLC since I guess all of mine just saved to SD
tongue.gif

Anyone have any tools I could edit a Wii .bin file? For Custom Songs?

Same here. I have one block for RB, the rest is bin files on my SD card.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought they were going to require a code to download the 20 free tracks? id recommend you download as much as you can now while you still can in case they require a code later.
i guess the 200 blocks for the sd card save is just a proxy to hold dlc when you download it, then you can move it to the sd card, download something else, and keep going until you have downloaded everything you want and have it all saved on the sd card. but do we need to keep the sd card save once we're done downloading stuff, or does it just shrink to 1 block when theres no dlc on the wii? also we can still play songs that are saved only to the sd card right or do they have to be transferred to the wii.

id try it myself but i need to free some room on the wii first
laugh.gif

pumkinut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those using gamma or SoftChip, does the RB1 guitar work for you, or do you have to use a GH guitar, or one similar that uses the wiimote? I have RB1:SE and my guitar will not work with RB2 using either gamma or SoftChip.

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of you might remember me from the world tour dlc discussions.

Although I do not have rb2 yet,I was waiting till the end of the month (when the dlc was supposed to be avalable), Is there anyway for someone to do a fs dump and send me a couple of the dlc files? The small ones (tmd) would be great!

(and no, nothing new from me in ghwt hacking, yet)

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mrwulff said:

Although I do not have rb2 yet,I was waiting till the end of the month (when the dlc was supposed to be avalable), Is there anyway for someone to do a fs dump and send me a couple of the dlc files? The small ones (tmd) would be great!

I'm gonna do a nand dump after school today, I see if I can get the free songs uploaded.

D

Deleted User

mrwulff said:

Did you want the free dlc, or the one that costs points.

And are you still working on that GH:WT dlc stuff? I mean I don't think anyone else is working on it, it's been like 2 months and i can't find the thread.

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any dlc will do, but for legal reasons, go for free ones.

and I hit a wall with wt stuff so ill try this for a while

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have downloaded a bunch of free ones, and better yet, I downloaded some purchased ones too.

Even better news, I ran out of space on my SD card, so I'm going to download them all over again onto the new card, meaning the old card will be free to play around with
smile.gif

If anyone wants or needs the help, let me know, I'd be glad to throw up the files or whatnot, exchange songs, help crack the DLC, etc.

Let me know if I can help.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dnmn8e said:
And are you still working on that GH:WT dlc stuff? I mean I don't think anyone else is working on it, it's been like 2 months and i can't find the thread.
I added some info to one of the GHWT threads yesterday.

(mrwulff, hopefully you got my email reply a little while ago)

I'd be interested to have a look at the rb2 DLC content too. Files from SD cards aren't much good because they're encrypted different for each wii, it's much more useful to use fs browser and copy individual files (look in title/00010005/ for the DLC directory and content, and ticket/00010005/ for the .tik file. Use button 1 to copy files to the SD card).

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I forced myself to buy the game earlier than I wanted to (no food for me this week!) and did some hex viewing and looks to be quite similar to ghwt only that there is an extra .app file that comes with each song that contains some info about each song.

Hopefully we will be able to get it this time (grrrr ghwt)

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chaos_kontrol said:
SkankyYankee said:
mexiken said:
SkankyYankee said:
The songs DL for me ok, and they backup to the sd card. but the space is still taken up in the system memory. Whats the point of backing it up on SD if a copy still takes up the flash memory?

Once you back up to card, they get moved, so they are no longer there.

The blocks still get taken up in my wii as well, i know that its supposed to work that way. Im trying to get it to work with gamma.

I have your exact same problem. I wonder if we can copy it to the SD card..

Ive tried that, it seems like the files in the rb2 save on the wii simply arent getting deleted when it moves them it just copies the .bins. to the sd. It even tries to move them to the sd again if you restart the game, so its stuck in the queue. If you just delete the save you need to redownload it because it contains the buy info as well.

Has anyone tested thiis problem using the modified rock band softchip loader on a softmod only?

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SkankyYankee said:
chaos_kontrol said:
SkankyYankee said:
mexiken said:
SkankyYankee said:
The songs DL for me ok, and they backup to the sd card. but the space is still taken up in the system memory. Whats the point of backing it up on SD if a copy still takes up the flash memory?

The blocks still get taken up in my wii as well, i know that its supposed to work that way. Im trying to get it to work with gamma.

Ive tried that, it seems like the files in the rb2 save on the wii simply arent getting deleted when it moves them it just copies the .bins. to the sd. It even tries to move them to the sd again if you restart the game, so its stuck in the queue. If you just delete the save you need to redownload it because it contains the buy info as well.

Has anyone tested thiis problem using the modified rock band softchip loader on a softmod only?

Well if the save contains the buy info, couldn't we just copy the saves other people have bought using the gecko os rebooter and then download their songs?

bozzer123

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me can people in the uk not even download the free ones? It just insuficiant funds on the ones that should be free...

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
chaos_kontrol said:
SkankyYankee said:
mexiken said:
SkankyYankee said:

I have the same problem. It did the same thing with GH:WT, but it'd give a shop error message when it couldn't move it. When I went and bought GH:WT the problem went away. If you delete the "songs" off of the wii memory they'll still be on the SD card so the wii will be able to find them, but when you load them up they get stuck on the wii's internal memory again. I tried using softchip to see if there was a difference, but it still does the same thing. Pretty much the problem is that it can't delete the songs via the game from the wii's memory, maybe I need a certain normal IOS?

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if this is relevant, I highly doubt it is, since the Wii uses algorithm's to code uniquely for each Wii I'm sure, but I just bought a new SD card, and simply copied all files over, and it works just fine when using the new card.

I also tested a 4GB SD card, no go. Definitely no SDHC support. I can't believe more than 2 years later, theres still no support for it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Shit, that's a long ass URL. +1