Rockband DLC Uneek

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Solaris19, Mar 18, 2013.

Mar 18, 2013

Rockband DLC Uneek by Solaris19 at 9:12 PM (967 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Solaris19
    OP

Newcomer Solaris19 Member

Canada
    Hello everyone,

Been searching forever about this issue and I'm about to give up. I want to be able to use my HDD to store rockband DLC (both RB2 and 3). I did a backup of my old wii and I sucessfully created a functional emulated nand. Everything run 100% perfectly... except for the Music Store which takes forever to load... from 30 min to 1 hour.... and downloading songs takes about 10 to 15 minutes!!!

Once downloaded, the songs work as smooth as butter.

Since it takes so much time, I had an idea. I could take a backup of my DLC using Rockband DLC manager and just extract to my emulated nand. The problem is, I don't know how to do this and I haven't been able to find a step by step guide to do this. It doesn't bother me to boot on my true wii, get the dlc, dump it to my pc and then to my nand but I don't even know how (or even if it is possible).

I already got all the files to unlock the dlc and I can manage getting the songs I want on my real wii.

Anyone did this before? I want to do a little surprise to one of my friends. I have been searching for weeks and manage to get this far.... but I have been stuck for days now... :(

2. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    i had a guide a long time ago on here but they took it down because it broke the rules about piracy. basically you use the pc to download all the songs and inject the wiis console id into each song. then import them into the emulated nand on the hard drive. u needed a patched 37, hermes cios and uloader with emulated nand. worked flawlessly for rockand 2 but failed in rb3. i remember the days of having EVERY rock band song. it was fun as hell. now i use the unlocker wads and a large sd card and rb3. downloading from the store what i want. dont ask me for a copy of the guide. i dont have it anymore. google may have a cached version of it somewhere.

3. Solaris19
    OP

Canada

Yeah I saw your thread but I never found the guide. I have another idea that might be worth a shot since I can't get my emulated nand to work anymore. If I buy Rockband 3 CD and boot it up in DVD mode in uloader for example. Will I have access to my USB instruments and SDHC? If yes, then if I have did the crack to have all songs.... does that mean that I did my goal? I don't have 1000 to dowload (100 max) so that would be perfect.

What do you think?

4. Videomanman87

Member Videomanman87 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The Rockband DLC manager works with RB3? All the ones I found only mentioned RB2.

As for your question, if you buy RB3 (which is what I did) you don't need uloader unless you plan on backing up the disc to a USB drive. I haven't tried this myself, but I know some people have had issues, although I know it can be done. Anyway uloader should work if you want to load it from the DVD and your USB intraments should work fine and have access to the SDHC. I am not 100% certain as I haven't tried that config myself, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

BTW I know what you mean about downloading songs on the Wii, takes a while and you have to "baby sit" it. Never understood why they didn't have bulk selecting. Or better yet give the option of searching the music library. If RB3 was a vast improvment I can only imagine what RB2 is like (well I will find out soon since I just bought a copy lol).

5. Solaris19
    OP

Canada
    Tell me if it works! If it does, I'm gonna buy a copy right away!