Hacking Rockband 3 DLC backup

LeChap52

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone. (I'm French, sorry for the mistakes). I did a lot of steps to get all the dlc for Rock Band 3 on Wii but when I run the music store, my console freeze during the loading. (partial emunand) Or, a message asks me to access it directly via the shop wii (complete emunand) but it is closed and I can not "redownload" the data of Rock Band 3 (the console understand that I have already done a " buy " for this game on the date I started the steps). Help me please. I do not really know what else to do. I am blocked.

Atomzk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi!.
I´ve the Rockband 3 with 100 DLC songs (around)...
I cant figure the way to copy this "private" files from my SD cards to a friend one and play the same DLC in his console, this since the servers down and cant proceed with the download.
How to use YABDM to copy my Rockband 3 NAND (i guess...) to the other(s) consoles?
any tutorial or steps notes to create this emunand for any console, scooby74029?
Note: If you need this same DLC Private files, i can add it to my drive to download, and maybe modify to an universal usage in any console.

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NAND that's ~36GB that SHOULD contains 100% of the DLC; I manually downloaded, decrypted, and installed every single generation of DLC in its entirety. Last I used it in Dolphin (It's how I usually play Rock Band, and I loves to play me some Rock Band), it was suddenly missing a bunch of songs, and I don't know why they don't load, but I KNOW they're there. The NAND also cannot be transferred to a real Wii in its current state. It's a Dolphin NAND built from my real Wii's NAND. I KNOW there's a lot of data there that's not getting loaded. It used to only not load when I used Dolphin on Linux, now it misses some of it when I use Dolphin on Windows as well. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can go through it and extract the DLC or something of the sort.

Atomzk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm impressed that there´s not "NAND administrative tool" for this kind of cases, taking into account dat all the homebrew apps in the wii

WatashiNoTan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NAND that's ~36GB that SHOULD contains 100% of the DLC; I manually downloaded, decrypted, and installed every single generation of DLC in its entirety. Last I used it in Dolphin (It's how I usually play Rock Band, and I loves to play me some Rock Band), it was suddenly missing a bunch of songs, and I don't know why they don't load, but I KNOW they're there. The NAND also cannot be transferred to a real Wii in its current state. It's a Dolphin NAND built from my real Wii's NAND. I KNOW there's a lot of data there that's not getting loaded. It used to only not load when I used Dolphin on Linux, now it misses some of it when I use Dolphin on Windows as well. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can go through it and extract the DLC or something of the sort.

I joined just to talk with you since you are also using Dolphin. What is the total amount of DLC songs you have originally compared to what it is showing? For me, I have 2090 total songs (including RB3, RB2 and Green Day). I also know that Lego and RB1 are not exportable on the Wii, but if there is some way possible I'd like to know.

Lastly, I'm having an issue with Wii memory blocks, where if I play any other game (Lego or Beatles), it is saying that I still need more space in order to save my progress. Any suggestions on a fix? I already tried the 3000 song space hack for RB3, but that is not enough. Please help me in any way you can and thank you!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was also made aware that the generations sZGE and sZHE, which are custom made will not work on Dolphin (or an emunand).

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Alexander1970

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, you may be interested in this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-guide-to-creating-rock-band-3-custom-songs.534832/
Not sure if it helps with backups, though. I assume we're talking about DLC you downloaded from Rock Band 3 before the store closed, and not custom DLC. I don't know if I can help you, as I don't have official DLC, but you're welcome to discuss it there.

It is; basically when I found out it was closing, I went and downloaded -EVERYTHING-

Now I've just got this giant NAND, and am trying to find someone who knows wtf they're looking at so I can send it to them, and they can properly preserve everything.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is; basically when I found out it was closing, I went and downloaded -EVERYTHING-

Now I've just got this giant NAND, and am trying to find someone who knows wtf they're looking at so I can send it to them, and they can properly preserve everything.
I wouldn't do that with complete strangers; sharing DLC on the internet is sketchy since it's copyrighted. With close friends maybe, but not with people you don't know.
You may be able to share parts that don't include the actual song, but I wouldn't risk even that, because all of the software is under copyright by Harmonix still.

EDIT: I would keep it, if I were you, regardless of whether you're able to share it or not. You'll never be able to download it again.

Last edited by HarveyHouston,
Reactions: Atomzk

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't do that with complete strangers; sharing DLC on the internet is sketchy since it's copyrighted. With close friends maybe, but not with people you don't know.
You may be able to share parts that don't include the actual song, but I wouldn't risk even that, because all of the software is under copyright by Harmonix still.

EDIT: I would keep it, if I were you, regardless of whether you're able to share it or not. You'll never be able to download it again.

Oh, that's the plan. As I said, it doesn't QUITE work right at the moment (a few hundred songs just... disappeared; but the files are still there); but I wouldn't send it around anyway, it's built off my actual Wii NAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also