drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...

I own Guitar Hero World Tour for my Wii, and I have two guitars and a USB microphone. All I'm missing is the drums. Well, the people who make Guitar Hero are evil and don't sell the drums separately... but I noticed you can buy RockBand drums by themselves. I have read on numerous occasions that they work fine with GH:WT, just that instead of five "notes", it uses four.

Well, I bought a set of RB2 drums and set them up... but I can't get them to work! The little blue drum light in the middle turns on, but it refuses to synch to player 1, 2, 3, or 4... I've tried disconnecting, reconnecting, etc, numerous times. Both from the Wii menu and GH:WT. Anyone know if my drums are defective? Or do I need the RockBand 2 game disc to make the drums synch, and then go back to the menu and switch discs?

I've never used the wireless drums before, and it's really frustrating me that they won't work.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry RB2 drums definitely DO NOT work for GH WT/metallica. i have both. only guitars and mics are compatible with both. the GH WT/metallica drums do however work in RB2. it's not fair i know.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every instrument is compatible in RB2. Not the other way around, however. I am saddened that Vicarious Visions had 3 months to put support in while Pi only had two- and Pi succeeded. And there is NO excuse for Metallica or Smash Hits. As long as Rock Band has compatibility and DLC, it will continue to dominate the "hardcore music gamer" on the Wii.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not getting this though... Aren't the drums supposed to sync to a player number as soon as they're connected to the game?

Or does it only do that from RockBand? I can go rent a copy of the game and see if that helps - but I seem to remember reading that RB2 drums worked with GH:WT...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1