Hardware Rock Band Question

lvholanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, look at my problem.

I get the guitar of the game, and i downloaded the Rock Band USA,but no update, so i cant play because he didnt recognize the instruments, so here's my question:

If i download Rock Band Song Track 1 NTSC-U and run the update, and after, run the normal ROCK BAND USA, i can play the game normal?

lvholanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, in .nfo says that there is a update, cuz the Rock Band release of Wii-Ind is brick blocked, and the update is necessary, i'm in 3.3u

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lvholanda said:
Guys, look at my problem.

I get the guitar of the game, and i downloaded the Rock Band USA,but no update, so i cant play because he didnt recognize the instruments, so here's my question:

If i download Rock Band Song Track 1 NTSC-U and run the update, and after, run the normal ROCK BAND USA, i can play the game normal?

Correct. A proper dump of Rock Band Track Pack volume 1 will contain the USB instrument update. A proper dump of Rock Band should have had it too.

lvholanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, the Rock Band Sound Pack NTSC-U dont have the update too! So i can run the PAL USB instruments? Cuz, in the PAL the update is real, my friend got it , in the .nfo says that he dont change the firmware only to recgonize the instruments, so i can run?

lvholanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My instruments are not PAL, i dont know, in the box dont say the region, so i can update with the PAL rockband and after use the NTSC rock band, and ok?

My Wii is USA, it says 3.3U!

lvholanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look:
The copy of ROCK BAND NTSC is Brick Blocked, so is IMPOSSIBLE do get the update, even in other firmware/
The copy of ROCK BAND PAL is NOT Brick Blocked, and dont change my firmware according to the guy who dumped the game.
The copy of ROCK BAND TRACK PACK NTSC dont have the update too so = BrickBlocked
The copy of ROCK BAND TRACK PACK PAL have the update, and dont change the firmware too!

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The update you need is for USB instruments only. It doesn't effect the version number of your Wii system menu (3.3U, 3.2U, whatever) so ignore the people telling you to downgrade. Go rent it if you must have it and don't want to try the PAL update. Otherwise there was a proper dump of Rock Band NTSC-U on newsgroups way back at the end of June (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=92645) if your usenet provider has a good enough retention.

RomMon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was also trying this game (the PAL version), and according WUM it contains 3.1E_v3.
This is the first update that has the IOS37, and the game seems also to use IOS37.

I'm not sure if it is possible to just remove IOS37 and leave the update for USB instruments in there.
With WIIScrubber 1.31 I can see IOS37 and a number of RVL-xxx.wad's.

Edit: Got it working now. Probably connected the USB Mic to late. I tried connecting it before power-up and it worked.
I didn't update, just changed the ISO to make it use IOS30. So it looks that there is no update of USB instruments in it.

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mic doesn't seem to be the problem. It seems to be the other instruments. That's why I'm unsure about buying the drumset for rock band. Now I've been reading about rock band customs starting to develop on the wii so now I'm getting really curious if it's possible to even load the customs with instrument support since ios37 blocks trucha. So is it possible to make rock band use a different IOS or is instrument computability tied to ios37?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays