Country
United States
First, my current Wii setup:

Hermes 222/223 v4
IOS 249/250 v14
Configurable USB Loader
FAT32 formatted hard drive
Sneek-capable

I would like to avoid updating to Hermes v5 because v4 is working so well for every other game I have. Is there a revision of IOS 249/250 I could use that would allow me to:

load Rock Band 2 on a FAT32 formatted hard drive
through Configurable USB Loader
without an error when trying to load my SD DLC
and still allowing full compatibility with USB instruments (particularly the microphone)?

DLC/instruments work fine off of disc, but it's a pain pulling out the disc every time I want to play.

Thank you in advance to all replies.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use waninkoko's rev20 base 37. install it to a non standard slot, like 247. use config to load it. you have to put the dlc on the sd card, that is complicated and if you need to find out how, you're on your own for that one.

rev20 can read the dlc from sd when loading it from usb. i was in the same boat a while back but luckily rev20 comes along and does it straight from usb loading. google for rockband dlc manager. works great.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
use waninkoko's rev20 base 37. install it to a non standard slot, like 247. use config to load it. you have to put the dlc on the sd card, that is complicated and if you need to find out how, you're on your own for that one.

rev20 can read the dlc from sd when loading it from usb. i was in the same boat a while back but luckily rev20 comes along and does it straight from usb loading. google for rockband dlc manager. works great.

Actually I believe you can install cIOSr20 base 56 to a standard slot (249) and that you work for just about all games (USB instruments or not) with additional speed benefits over base 37.

jamespolk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
Actually I believe you can install cIOSr20 base 56 to a standard slot (249) and that you work for just about all games (USB instruments or not) with additional speed benefits over base 37.

Can I attempt to install this over my recently installed base 37 in my non-standard slot without any sort of removal process? In other words, does the installer itself essentially blank out the existing cIOS before installing another base?

Is there any advantage to keeping my rev. 14 cIOS in 249/250 over updating to v20? My main concern was being able to continue to use Wad manager/cIOS installers in the future. Would base 56 also allow for that?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my setup. I have cIOSr20 base 56 in slot 249 (that works for all games I have, RB2 etc and all my regular games) also I have cIOSr20 base 38 in slot 250 for installing WADs. And that is it.
You should be able to install any cIOS right over the other on any slot.

jamespolk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again. I may mess around with it a bit more. Right now I'm just thrilled that I can finally play Rock Band 2 through USB Loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not even the shock factor point of it I wouldn't want a sunburnt dick
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My religion sends the bang bus to pick you up, and you will be screaming Oh God at some point lol
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then eventually get baptized
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lord Jizzus approves!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See religion always end in nudity
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's probably a nudist cult that exists.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is how I want to bone but it's my views that I know are right
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [belongs to one]
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish people that think they're right about everything didn't exist half the time
    Such as you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's your way of thinking
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet it be tough finding a job, if you were a nudist.
    or vice versa
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah it's easy all they gotta do is blow long breaths of air
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Confronts a nudist "Why be a nudist?" "I'm not a nudist you dick, I'm homeless and poor."
    +1
    I'm also saving 💰 . You know how much it is to just wash your clothes? pffffft
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saved 1k this month by being poor tbh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been eating Ramen all month, but my PC is badass!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol