GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Up until now using Rock Band 2 DLC could only be done through the disc channel, because using a backup loader or a USB loader caused issues. But I read somewhere that with Hermes cIOS this was no longer a problem, and it was possible to play DLC songs in an SD card even when playing Rock Band through a USB loader. Is this true? If it is, which IOS merge should I use to do this? And on that point, which merges should I use for cIOS 202, 222, 223 and 224? Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

EDIT: oh wait the new Hermes cIOS doesn't have merges
blink.gif
anyway is there really a way to do this?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
Up until now using Rock Band 2 DLC could only be done through the disc channel, because using a backup loader or a USB loader caused issues. But I read somewhere that with Hermes cIOS this was no longer a problem, and it was possible to play DLC songs in an SD card even when playing Rock Band through a USB loader. Is this true? If it is, which IOS merge should I use to do this? And on that point, which merges should I use for cIOS 202, 222, 223 and 224? Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

EDIT: oh wait the new Hermes cIOS doesn't have merges
blink.gif
anyway is there really a way to do this?
The joy of Hermes' cIOS is that the decision of what to install where is entirely your option. I don't really agree with USB loading of Rock Band 2 (especially given that it will become nonworking when the next RawkSD release comes out) so I'm not going to babysit you on this one, but consider this: for maximum compatibility, ideally one would use the IOS that is native to that game, no? Which IOS needed to be "merged" in when using the last Hermes release? Think about it for ten seconds and you'll get it. The slot you use doesn't matter, although some slots aren't accessible to some loaders (which doesn't matter at the moment because if I recall correctly only uLoader can handle the new cIOS anyway).

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Uloader, in the position 223 or 224 and cIOS37

Work like a charm
yaywii.gif

* No more nand full
* No more "Out of date" message

biggrin.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Szalkow said:
The joy of Hermes' cIOS is that the decision of what to install where is entirely your option. I don't really agree with USB loading of Rock Band 2 (especially given that it will become nonworking when the next RawkSD release comes out) so I'm not going to babysit you on this one, but consider this: for maximum compatibility, ideally one would use the IOS that is native to that game, no? Which IOS needed to be "merged" in when using the last Hermes release? Think about it for ten seconds and you'll get it. The slot you use doesn't matter, although some slots aren't accessible to some loaders (which doesn't matter at the moment because if I recall correctly only uLoader can handle the new cIOS anyway).

Hmm it makes sense. Anyway using IOS37 in cIOS223 seems to work in WiiflowR28
smile.gif
It just freezes in R25, though. And sorry for my dumbness, when I asked this I didn't know that merges were gone
rolleyes.gif
hence why I asked which merge to use.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jazvdb said:
Wait, I've been playing DLC through USB Loaders the whole time
Except that Hermes' new cIOS revision is the first to accomplish the amazing task of not breaking something. Other cIOSes mess up the SD/NAND loading, resulting in DLC filling up the NAND.

Neg0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Playing itself works for me with the USB Loader gx, too. But everytime I download a song, it is saved on the NAND and not on the SD card (although saving to SD card is activated).
Is there any other workaround except for using uLoader? Because my HDD is currently formated as NTFS and uLoader does not support NTFS.

...actually the more I think about it, I realize that it wouldn't be a big problem to change my setup to uLoader.
But before I do that, I would like to know if the saving of DLC on SD cards really works with uLoader. Has anyone any experiences with that matter? Does it work from the beginning? Or do I have to make some different settings first? (I have never used another loader than the gx before)

Thank you very much!!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Neg0r said:
QUOTE said:

Playing itself works for me with the USB Loader gx, too. But everytime I download a song, it is saved on the NAND and not on the SD card (although saving to SD card is activated).
Is there any other workaround except for using uLoader? Because my HDD is currently formated as NTFS and uLoader does not support NTFS.

...actually the more I think about it, I realize that it wouldn't be a big problem to change my setup to uLoader.
But before I do that, I would like to know if the saving of DLC on SD cards really works with uLoader. Has anyone any experiences with that matter? Does it work from the beginning? Or do I have to make some different settings first? (I have never used another loader than the gx before)

Thank you very much!!
*checks the usb loader release list*
Hmm...nope. At the moment, there's no way around it. Only uLoader supports it. I've read the CFG developpers aren't going to add the feature either, but can't say anything about GX.

I wouldn't say that changing won't be a big problem. For starters, you'll have to reformat the drive in FAT32. Then there's the fact that uLoader works with a different format, so you'll have to convert your iso(s) to .ciso. Of course you'll also need an emulated nand configured to use.

...and finally, there's the matter of actually GETTING the DLC on the USB-drive, along with the right tickets.

Personally, I'm stuck halfway between 2 and 3. I can get my DLC to work if I use the regular nand and use rawksd to install some songs, but getting the whole thing to load from USB is still beyond me (though this thread should contain all the info you need).

Neg0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks Wever, for your fast answer and for telling me about your experience. Considering that you were not able to load the DLC from, I will keep going using the normale Wii NAND...maybe there will be such a feature in a future in the gx loader.

Another question
wink.gif
;
Is it possible to download DLC with the pc and create a dlc out of it, that I can copy to the SD card? Think I read something about that somewhere...

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works fine with all versions of wiiflow that support wan's cIOS249 rev19.
I personally use cIOSrev19 base 37 installed in slot 250 and wiiflow r42 runs RB2 with DLC from SD fine without filling up the NAND. No need for Hermes or Uloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what a bout call of duty