Hacking Rock Band Beatles - NTSC - System Update Icon

jmillison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My second disclaimer...I'm still very new at this...and I'm doing research on my own before asking questions. So I hope this isn't too obvious...

I've gotten everything else to work it seems. I'm patched to 4.1U and I can run most of my purchased games and all of my current backups...except I can't seem to run my purchased copy of Rock Band Beatles. I've done a few searches on the site and tried to load Rock Band Beatles but the Disc Loader icon changes to the "Wii System Update" icon, which I know better than to run. Everything else seems to be working, so I figured I just need another CIOS version...but I'm not sure which to load. I tried loading everything that seemed to work for everyone else, but the icon still doesn't change back to Rock Band Beatles and a few of the updates I can't even find a download source for. Again this is a purchased game, I'm not running a backup of it, it's a pressed copy (I did try to launch it from the gamma launcher just to see, and it still won't load).

Are there any ideas of what I could update to get this disc to run? Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance! I apologize if I'm missing the obvious here...

Joey

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
use PreLoader or StartPatch, to patch update skipping into your system menu, since you have a hacked 4.1 you'll find you have old IOS versions not the most current un-trucha bugged versions

this should fix your issue, i have 4.1 and am playing this game fine

jmillison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did make the change in StartPatch and the icon changes after all (I thought about making that change before but hesitated due to all of the warnings about bricking your Wii), but it now goes to a black screen after attempting to load. So I guess I'm on to step two...finding the un-trucha bugged IOS versions...which is what I've been having a hard time with. Sorry to be a n00b, but which did you use? A link would be *much* appreciated, though I realize I may get flack for asking...

jmillison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes more effort to be rude than to help...if you weren't willing to assist you could have just not posted and gone on to something else. I apologize, but I also stated up front that I'm a newbie and I don't claim to know more than I actually do. If I'm missing the obvious it's only because it's not obvious to me. I'm still not up to par when it comes to the terminology and all of the ins and outs of hacking a Wii. Sorry to be a pain, I'm just looking for help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4