Gaming Rock Band 3

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree... I think the set list could be a lot better, but I think this version is all about the new equipment which is leaps and bounds above the rest. Unfortunately the new equipment is sure to be a bit pricey... So I'm not sure how many people that already have the original equipment are going to splurge on another piece just to let the old equipment sit there.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Yeah, I'm not digging the setlist that much. Rock Band 2's was amazing though IMO. Most of the songs that probably should've been included were already released as downloadable content.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i disagree, but then again there is a big age gap between us plus you are canadian.

just the fact that the song "kids in america" is not on this setlist makes it 10x better. rock band 2 had some really good songs and then some that were just whiny and obnoxious. this one is way better imo.

edit: oh and the exclusion of linkin park = instant win.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha I guess. I just don't like the fact a LOT of the songs were already in other GH games, so I'm just not that interested. I am hoping that the DLC will be much better.

And I don't think me being Canadian has much to do with the music i listen to, but thanks haha

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
sonknuck23 said:
And I don't think me being Canadian has much to do with the music i listen to, but thanks haha
I dunno about that. From what I know, most Americans listen to rap, hip-hop, and/or pop in general now. Around 90% of my white friends (not intending being stereotypical, racist, or anything), at least in my area of Canada, listen to rock and/or heavy metal. Girls listen to pop, but guys in general stay tuned to the rock stations on the radio and listen to Metallica and stuff on their iPods. Can't say the same for my Asian friends, but for the most part, the Caucasian group remains with rock, rock in which I'm more fond of despite being Asian, lol.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
america is really mixed right now for music styles. in my area, everyone listens to rock/metal. in the next town, most people listen to rap. and then another town over, they listen to country. and thats just my area.

but i agree, rb3 set list sucks. could have been much better, but i do like dio's rainbow in the dark.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, GH3 was actually really good. Anyway, good point about the DLC: I may dislike the RB3 setlist, but hopefully DLC will be sweet. THe DLC In RB2 was awesome.

dmau1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thread below this asking about The Beatles: Rock Band reminded me that when I got it on release day I had to accept an update to my softmodded Wii before the game would run -- I was blocking disc updates with Preloader but the game wouldn't run at all until I turned that off and accepted it. That update turned out to be safe, it didn't seem to mess with my homebrew at all but I'm wondering if RB3 will require an update like that and if it could be dangerous.

Does someone usually figure that stuff out pretty quick for new releases and post info here or what is the best way to proceed when I get RB3 tomorrow? Thanks!

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd scream TROLL but then I saw you're a pretty big music game fan, like myself.
tongue.gif

I thought the same way, then I started listening to it. I could see how it fit in with each new instrument. I say give it time, and it will indefinitely appeal to you.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't spotted any new 5 button fair. It also sucks we don't get the 6-String on release (120 button will not compare), then again i'm buying a decent electric guitar anyway so I don't need a rubbishy 6-String one with rock band innards, if only a converter could be made
frown.gif

Also can't sanction £60 for a plastic instrument. Been looking around for one for a good 2nd hand one for ages to no avail (though I once found a PS3 one in CashConverters for about £5), the RB1 controllers suck compared to RB2 ones though (Hofner Bass vs. RB1 Strat = no contest)

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nando said:
i disagree, but then again there is a big age gap between us plus you are canadian.

just the fact that the song "kids in america" is not on this setlist makes it 10x better. rock band 2 had some really good songs and then some that were just whiny and obnoxious. this one is way better imo.

what canadians have different music than you? i swear some of you americans can be so ignorant it sickens me.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
nando said:

what canadians have different music than you? i swear some of you americans are so damn ignorant it sickens me.

yeah thats exactly what i said. thanks for pointing out my ignorance all superior canadian. please show me the way. by the way i'm mexican. the flag is my location not my nationality, but of course you don't make assumptions, you can only speak facts.

edit: btw who is Johnny Reid, he seems to be number 1 in the canadian charts but is no where on the american ones

S

SuperBlooper057

Seems a lot better than the last two. Going to pick it up this weekend.
On a side note, I have a nongamer friend who is waiting for Led Zepplin: Rock Band before he even buys a system!
wtf.gif

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nando said:
terminal_illness said:
nando said:

what canadians have different music than you? i swear some of you americans are so damn ignorant it sickens me.

yeah thats exactly what i said. thanks for pointing out my ignorance all superior canadian. please show me the way. by the way i'm mexican. the flag is my location not my nationality, but of course you don't make assumptions, you can only speak facts.

edit: btw who is Johnny Reid, he seems to be number 1 in the canadian charts but is no where on the american ones
do we also have different air than you?

i dont know who johnny ried is, and by calling me all superior canadian, you are continuing to show your ignorance. just because alot of canadians like something doesnt mean all of us do... thats stereotyping...

and just because johnny ried isnt in your charts doesnt mean that there are no americans who listen to him...

what do you listen to if i may inquire?

and being mexican in an american world i would have thought you would know ALL about stereotyping... nuff said

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.