Gaming Rock Band 2 Not Loading, Help

sncae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have torn the internet into shreds trying to find my solution, and i come out empty handed. I cannot get Rock Band 2 running at all!

I have a 4.2 soft modded wii. Installed cIOS 37.

I have burned RB2 (2.4x speed, media: Verbatim) and have been trying to get it to load on every backup loader with every method out there.

I hav tried using CYB3RFR34K's method of installing Hermes' cIOS222 and 223 and booting USBLoader GX on ios 222. When I do this USBLoader GX freezes when i click on the DVD icon to load it from the DVD mount. When using ios 249, it recognizes the game but when i boot it, it gives me a solid black screen.

*** I have also tried using SoftChip99 as people had advised me to, by installing cIOS 37 on ios 232, but it freezes when loading the disc just like every other backup loader. So far this is the farthest i have come to fixing the problem.

I have a GH3 guitar, so the instrument is not an issue, I cannot get the game to run.

This is the one sole game i wish to play on the wii and the main reason i modded it, so I would be highly grateful to any assistance.

EDIT:
Specs:
>Media: DVD-R, Verbatim, burned at 2.4x and again at 2x
>Wii: 4.2U
>cIOS56 installed
>Black Screen while loading Rock Band 2
I got pretty pissed and formatted my SD card and added only the multicios installer and softchip99.
Installed cIOS 37 as 232, ran softchip on IOS232 and black screen.

This is the one sole game i wish to play on the wii and the main reason i modded it, so I would be highly grateful to any assistance.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you play any backups at all if not then you have a d3-2 wii which is not compatible with dvd you can only use a usb hard drive to play backups

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had this issue 222/223 is for usb and 232 is for DVD loading, my problem I had to TBR the IOS to get 232 on after that I used fake IOS and bingo rock band 2 GH5 band hero all worked and they all ended up with black screens

sncae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am0s said:
I had this issue 222/223 is for usb and 232 is for DVD loading, my problem I had to TBR the IOS to get 232 on after that I used fake IOS and bingo rock band 2 GH5 band hero all worked and they all ended up with black screens
What help would TBR do? So did you get these games running?

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes after itried like you alot of different guides I was a bit confused between 222/223 232 ios and the guys here helped me out with that but the reason i couldnt get ios 232 on because I had use TBR as it was failing to install, once 232 was installed everything worked

sncae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am0s said:
yes after itried like you alot of different guides I was a bit confused between 222/223 232 ios and the guys here helped me out with that but the reason i couldnt get ios 232 on because I had use TBR as it was failing to install, once 232 was installed everything worked
Oh, well ios 232 is working fine with me, Im starting to believe my issue doesnt lie in the ios maybe its just my wii. But still anyone with the same issue as me or had the same issue, can you please shine some light on this ANNOYING problem.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you run TBR or Dop-Ios on IOS37 before making the IOS232 ? I had that problem a while back and the above cured it.

I have also read somewhere you can DL cioscorp 3.6 and install the included IOS56 & IOS37 Wads, using Wad Manager, though I havent tried it.

Good Luck

sncae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
resincake said:
Did you run TBR or Dop-Ios on IOS37 before making the IOS232 ? I had that problem a while back and the above cured it.

I have also read somewhere you can DL cioscorp 3.6 and install the included IOS56 & IOS37 Wads, using Wad Manager, though I havent tried it.

Good Luck
Let me make this clear:
I have installed cIOS 37 as ios 232 successfully. I have booted ios 232 (rev7) on softchip99 successfully. I have not ran Rock Band 2 without the wii freezing while loading.

sncae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:
iso corrupt? good md5sum?
done pi/po on your burns?

burn faster

other burned games work?
>I tried 2 different iso's, so i don't think they're corrupt
>i ran a pi/po scan on the burn and this is what I got:
At 2x
rockband2q.png

At 4x
rb24x.png

I know these are just horrible but most games have worked in the past: NSMB, Cod: Reflex, Okami, and NMH:2
This is a pi/po scan from Okami:
okamiq.png

From NSMB:
nsmb.png

Is this my issue, and if it may be what exactly should i do to fix it?
I just got GH5 working, but still no RB2.
cry.gif

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think you're understanding what a couple of people have already suggested in this thread, and if you do you haven't clarified it clearly, which is why it keeps getting suggested.

It doesn't matter if you already installed IOS232 successfully, it refused to work for me, and a few others until we totally deleted 232, THEN used dop-ios to apply all the possible patches to IOS37, then re-install 232.

Anyway, its been suggested that the new ciosX rev18, using base 37 will run it through Neogamma.
Failing those, you have tried every fix, so face it you've got a bad image, try getting the image from somewhere else ..

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can attest to cios37rev18 as ios249 working fine with r17 for the gh franchise of games, specifically bh. Doesn't help your case though since you said you got gh5 working.

Yes, those scans are bad. On your 2x burn, the pif at around 1gb is completely unacceptable. And for the 4x scan, you've got a pi peak of over 1000. Your graph caps beyond 160, so it makes the okami look similar to your 4x burn, when the okami burn at least has a chance of passing.

You need to find a good media that works with your burner, and if the best media still doesn't give good results, look into getting a better burner or perhaps try a lens cleaning disc and maybe newer firmware if one exists.

It's not a good sign already that your media doesn't have a valid MID even.

Hell, even look at the quality ratings for your burns. I follow strict pi/po limits with my burns and chuck any bad burns. I've had burns up to 90% quality fail on the wii. Check out club.myce.com for help with burns. Strict quality freaks will chuck any disc with more than 280 pi and 4 pif. In the real world, we can go much further than this, although you can expect some slowdown to occur. In terms of the wii, you can still usually get by with worse; I usually reburn if I see pif greater than 6-8 or egregious pi. But now that I use a hard drive, that's a thing of the past.

With even semi-decent media, it's pretty rare for me to have to chuck a disc with my samsung burner. I had to upgrade after my old nec stopped producing good burns consistently.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing the above replies sorted it for him, would have been nice to thank the person that solved it, if only for clarification, in case someone else has the same problem. Oh well, guess they'll post again when they have another issue that needs solving .. ;p

On a side note : Thats really handy info. you posted there ziddey, nice to know, I'm gonna make a mental note. Thanks, man.. ;>

Aircraft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar problem, you guys may be able to help.

I get Error #002 when loading Rock Band Metal Track Pack from the Softchip modded by Arm the Homeless "Rock Band Launcher" channel and cISO37 installed as 232. I don't have any problem with the other Track Packs I have or with RB 1+2.

I have USB Loader GX installed and Neogamma R3 something, but are known not to work with USB instruments since they use 249.

I don't spend enough time here, since everything has been working so nicely, I tend not to fix it unless it's broke, so I miss a lot of the new developments.

Can someone give me some guidance on what I should do?

EDIT: I found my solution here in the WIKI You can use Hermes' IOS 222/223 v4 with USB Loader GX for USB instruments. Thanks for the help!!! USB Loader GX can also launch games from DVD-R using the disc icon in the upper right corner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2