Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
RobodromDS WIP
Amiga Game Conversion to the DS
robodrom.gif
Robodrom was originally a game coded for the Amiga, but it was left unfinished. The developer, cotsz, has decided to finish the game - but this time, it's going to be coded for the Nintendo DS. You can learn more about this homebrew game and grab the download from GBAtemp below.

About said:
RobodromDS is a complete conversion of a game started on Amiga in 68000 code, the 3rd december 1992.

The engin goal of Robodrom is to create a relatively complex game on eazy bases.

The playground is composed of walls, doors and tiles ... Small autonomous robots, shaped tanks can roll over these tiles. The player's goal is to guide robots through multiple levels to join their arrival tile, symbolized by a closed hand whit inch-up. For this, it may put directional tiles, producing a trail for each robot.

In addition to the 4-way, the player has 5 colours to select for wich robot is the designed tile. There are four colors to control each robot-tank, and a thith color for all. The current version is currently not playable. But the thing is not seen on the animated gif, or rather that is not hear, are the different music that my friends, of that time, had composed for this game

So if you want hear pretty soundtracks, download the current version and have fun to find how to change music ...
download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Source

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks sweet, would be great if a lot of unfinished Amiga games got brought over to the DS.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hadrian said:
Looks sweet, would be great if a lot of unfinished Amiga games got brought over to the DS.
... Or finished ones for that matter. Doggarnit, I want Kick Off 2. And classic Amiga Shmups (X-Out/Katakis/Blood Money anyone?) or Jump 'n Runs.
It's too bad that Amigas custom chips are too much for the NDS to emulate.

judacris

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I am EPIC FAIL. I was fiddling with the thing for 10 minutes, figuring out what to do.
Then I came back here and read the part that says "The current version is currently not playable."
and then I figured out what WIP stood for.

I like the music though. Niceness.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
judacris said:
I am EPIC FAIL. I was fiddling with the thing for 10 minutes, figuring out what to do.
Then I came back here and read the part that says "The current version is currently not playable."
and then I figured out what WIP stood for.

I like the music though. Niceness.

Hahaha, glad you mentioned it because I normally download homebrew directly as well, if the screenshots look decent
biggrin.gif

Leah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Was the Amiga version released as a demo?
Is it the robot game that you can buy parts for your robot and place bets on winning the match?
Also I remember if you damaged your drivetrain too much you could shoot to push your robot in the opposite direction, or am I thinking of a totally different game?!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker