Homebrew Ripping models from Pokémon Battle Revolution

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaulCortez
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 8,665
  • Replies Replies 9

RaulCortez

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
113
Country
United States
...sounds impossible and bla bla bla. But it has been done before with Gale of Darkness on GameCube (a much harder piece of "rom hacking") although the project died a long time ago. Anyone heard anything about this? Someone working?

If not... maybe some tools that might help in the process?
 
Well, i got the Gale of Darkness and Colosseum images and successfully extracted them. Then, i found this huge collection of .fsys files. I first though of a compression format and i guessed right. I was able to extract the files inside .fsys files using a tool called gcfsysd. However, the extracted file was an unknow format with the following text in the header: LZSS. Obviously, this is an compressed file. However, i couldn't find any tool to help me, neither i was able to discover the compression algorithm. I'm trying to unpack those, but i lack the skills.

If anyone is interested, just follow my steps.
 
RaulCortez said:
Well, i got the Gale of Darkness and Colosseum images and successfully extracted them. Then, i found this huge collection of .fsys files. I first though of a compression format and i guessed right. I was able to extract the files inside .fsys files using a tool called gcfsysd. However, the extracted file was an unknow format with the following text in the header: LZSS. Obviously, this is an compressed file. However, i couldn't find any tool to help me, neither i was able to discover the compression algorithm. I'm trying to unpack those, but i lack the skills.

If anyone is interested, just follow my steps.

Might give you a clue about LZSS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lempel-Ziv-Storer-Szymanski
 
Quiche_on_a_leash, unfortunately, the models look very shitty after ripping. I tried myself with no good results. That's why i'm trying the hardway.

Noitora and linuxares, thanks for the information. I'll be running a few more tests.
 
what part of the file is the uncompressed header? starting at lzss to some offset, or just after lzss, or what?
 
Sorry to bump this thread but I just started to mod PBR and added some custom music and the real sound of the pokemon. But i extracted the pikachu's fsys file with wiiscruber now i want to edit it but i cant find a way to do this can someone help me?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted