arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Incomplete said:
whats worse..... my new crystal case for my DS just came in

Well, since it's buggered as it is, and you would have had to pull it apart to replace the case anyway...

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3161
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3175

Even playing exchangeratelotto, that should come in under AUS$35 with delivery.

As for the infamous DealExtreme shipping delays, well, they don't seem too bad at the moment - no zero-day flashcart launches, no christmas rush, etc.

Ordered one of these on Monday or Tuesday last week:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4692
along with some packs of microfibre cloths and a few fake hori screen protectors and a WiiKey knockoff redeemed through points - that redemption should have delayed things significantly, from what I've heard, but it doesn't seem to have. The USB/FireWire card's page said "usually ships in 2 to 5 business days", just like one of those screens, and the package got delivered yesterday.

What's got me really concerned is the cracks in both screens - if they're buggered there could well be something else that got damaged, as that should take some serious abuse. The self-turnoff could well be because one of the screens failed in a particular way (e.g. went short on one of the connections, rather than open), but it could be something else. First thing I'd do is pull it apart, disconnect both screens, and see what happens when it's turned on. I've never powered up a DS with both screens disconnected, but I've powered up one with a problem with the connection for the upper screen and it worked apart from having a garbled display. Pull it apart, see what happens, post the results and some questions, and then consider whether or not you want to procede further.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1. Drive to that persons house with DS Lite.
2. Throw DS Lite at their windows and bust them out.
3. ???
4. Profit

grog.gif

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@JPH: Should I be ashamed of getting that refference? :')

And I too have been shovelshopping at DX.
tongue.gif
Kickass store. genuine horis suck though, mine game dust included. Epic fail.

Beware of ghetto replacement screens though. Lots of complaints about porked pixels and sluggish touchscreens.

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What game did you give them to play?
I'd understand if it was, say ... Elite Beat Agents or something.
When I let my little siblings play my DS, I usually set rules.

1. Only play on the bed.
2. Don't touch the screens.
3. "If you drop it, you can't play it anymore"

XD, It works.

skydoune

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
arctic_flame said:
You did it wrong. Get a file, and open it up again. Plug the Wifi antenna back in (or replace it if you shredded it), file down the misshapen piece, and line up the speakers with the corresponding pads.

Yeah I might have broken the wifi antenna a bit out of anger, at some point I almost did this
hate2.gif
. However I followed a tutorial and did exactly what was told but still, there was a problem with a part like I said, the right shoulder piece where you can see the power lights, when you put it next to a genuine one you can clearly see that the hole doesn't have the right angle. Guess I might end up buying a new ds sometime, I don't wanna go through taking apart the ds over again, that damn ribbon is a pain in the ass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0