RIP Circuit City

Ironnoobx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly Its True, Our Store is heading out of business, so yea, Come in for Liquidations, But it Doesnt officilally start until tomorrow, so get ready

Now Im working at Best Buy

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I always hated about Circuit City is how the salesmen are almost always immediately in your face trying to sell you what you don't want.

I remember messing with one of the dudes once. I was looking at DVD players (when they first came out) and a salesman came up to me and said, "So, you're looking to buy a DVD player?" I said, "Not until it has a record button on it." He said, "That will never happen." I told him, "Sure it will, just give it some time."

He left me alone after that. Guess who was right?
lecture.gif

One line I always thought would be hilarious, but have never used is:

Salesman comes up to you...."Can I help you?" and I'd say, "If I want your attention, I'll break something."

As for CC going out of business. Meh....haven't went into one in years anyway.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll miss their disgustingly cheaply priced DVD bins, otherwise no biggie.

My bedroom tv broke months ago, hadn't had money to replace it and stuck with an eye straining 12" annoyance. I'm thinking I may head down there tomorrow and see what kind of stickers are floating around for the grand clear out sale.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their liquidation isn't a sale, quite the contrary, starting tomorrow all products are going back to MSRP, all sales are ending etc.

By March when they realize no one is gonna buy MSRP they're gonna start selling cheap (since that is their deadline)

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn. And I had my DS covered on warranty from them. Hopefully Ill be able to go tomowrrow and pick up some cheap dvds, games, and cds.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dry.gif
That sucks. I've always liked their stores and prices better than Best Buy, but the locations just aren't nearly as convenient.

Personally, I think they followed the wrong market penetration strategy back in about 2000 when they had the industry by the balls and the market cap to expand their branches as they wished. The mistakes they made over the next 3 years or so, relegated them to the "also ran" status they now don.

I feel bad for the employees (and the investors, but that's another story entirely).

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i just got back from CC. the line was like an hour wait. just bought wiispeak. all game accessorys were 30% off!! and the games and game system were all 10 percent off! anyone who needs controllers or something should get them now, the items are going fast.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All games, tvs, sound systems, satellite radios, dvds, cds, etc were all 10% off, little to nothing was 30%. The liquidation company that owns their ass now are being wankers. I bet the greedy jerkoffs will go into a minimum of 30% off on anything once most the TVs, higher end sound stuff, and video game systems are all off the shelves.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my boy works there. I hope for some inside info on accessories. he has been working with them for about a year now so im excited.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I came from there earlier today. Unfortunately, their selection wasn't what I was hoping for (but never was anyway, so) but I still managed some deals. Most things were 10% off including new games, older titles were 20%, and most game accessories were 30%.

I tried to get a Wii Points card, but the guy said those and other cards (Live, iTunes, etc.) were exempt from the discount. Bah, so sad. =\

But I got Devil May Cry 3 and Persona 3 FES for cheap, so I can't complain. =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho