Riot: League of Legends Championship Series Players Cannot Stream Other Games

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Gahars
    OP

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    eSports: We're legitimate, guys! Honest!

:arrow:OnGamers

And what games are banned specifically? Well, the list ranges from Dota 2 and Smite (okay, other MOBAs) to pretty much anything Blizzard (Maybe for the eSports connection?) to Warhammer Online (...A game that doesn't exist anymore) to online poker games (Gambling is bad, I guess?) to... Fat Princess.

I give up. The full list is below.

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Sorry, Riot, but no matter how much you try to push your idea of eSports... well, let's just say you're out of your League.

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Fat Princess is kind of similar to MOBA's, I guess? Also gambling seems to be banned for the same reason as tobacco, firearms and stuff like that, which sort of makes sense. It seems that they're banned from playing anything remotely moba-ish.

3. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    This is a big bummer for the happy few out there that are actually Challenger and have queue times of easily 15 minutes. When they have a queue like that currently, they mostly play Hearthstone, while their channel says 'playing League of Legends' . Hearthstone basically got MASSIVE exposure this way, riding on the back of LoL's success.
    LoL has been the most viewed Twitch game for as long as I know, it's simply ridiculous, and when half of the pro streamers aren't actually playing LoL, of course Riot isn't happy about that.

It's a strict contract, but understandable. If they want to play any of those games, just do it off stream. Still, what those players will do during those queue times, that is now the real question....

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Me being not so familiar with League of Legends and tournaments and shit, I totally thought the title meant that people were rioting at a LoL tournament :lol: Then I looked into the thread and was disappoint :(

joelv6 likes this.
  5. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    TotalBiscuit's opinion on this matter, he's a pretty famous eSports commentator/person;

6. joelv6

joelv6 Neku

Jan 24, 2013
    United States
    CA
    same goes for me lol get it haha anywho that sucks oh well

7. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place

Better to play other games then to start looking at pr0nz and fapping :P

8. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Windows Solitaire? :D

9. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Well....

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I'm sure they'll find something new, or maybe they'll negotiate with Riot to make this contact less strict.

10. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
  11. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
  12. Sop

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    During Dreamhack CSGO set a new record, first time most viewed Twitch game. Although League has 1-2 Million players, CSGO only had 93k (new record) during the biggest tournament in CS history, as well as that the game was on sale for $3.