Hacking Riivolution

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All i know is someone somewhere will take this Riivolution and MOD it, thats what we are all here for this whole forum is about MODDING and HACKING wii's and wii software.

I give it a month after release before we are all using the modded version of this with our backups on a USB loader.

Anyway im not that bothered as was said a few posts up, we can just patch the ISO's and play them anyway, and i cant really see that many game mods that are gonna be worth having anyway. FF4 and NSMBW are the exceptions here.

Anyway this is not complaining, just adding my 2 cents.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
All i know is someone somewhere will take this Riivolution and MOD it, thats what we are all here for this whole forum is about MODDING and HACKING wii's and wii software.

I give it a month after release before we are all using the modded version of this with our backups on a USB loader.

Anyway im not that bothered as was said a few posts up, we can just patch the ISO's and play them anyway, and i cant really see that many game mods that are gonna be worth having anyway. FF4 and NSMBW are the exceptions here.

As I said previously, GOOD LUCK getting Newer Super Mario Bros. working on a HDD with 'patched' ISO.
Or any NSMBW hack for that matter.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Couple of questions: Will it allow Ocarina cheats to work as well as file replacement, and will it work on channels (I figure it can, but I want to know if it will)

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
since most wii user are using USB loader, you drive should probaly very alive and kicking. it won't hurt you laser to use a couple of games for riivolution.

and i don't know if any one asked this.

since you need the original game so it could work with Riivolution, how are we gonna use it on imports for example Fatal Frame 4 which is a Japanese wii disc on a US wii?? or you also need a japanese wii??

BTW. very nice addition for homebrew, Thanks!!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Playing import games when using a loader is not a problem. It just works in most cases. If you ignore video mode problems, then 100% of all games can be played on the "wrong" region. (don't know about koreanother region)

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
skawo96 said:
nikeymikey said:

As I said previously, GOOD LUCK getting Newer Super Mario Bros. working on a HDD with 'patched' ISO.
Or any NSMBW hack for that matter.

And why not? What is the problem that the devs of this app have against backups?
Backups have brought a 2nd and even 3rd life to my wii, without them i'd of sold it years ago, c'mon we all know it lacks a lot a killer titles and shovelware outweighs the good games 5 to 1 at least.

Anyway how many things before have people said will NEVER happen? (ISO Loading anyone??)

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I would also like USB loading to be implemented, because my drive is 99.9% broken... When the USB Loader was invented by Waninkoko, I got an external HDD, dumped my games, and my Wii has had the worst of time trying to just get the game to spin, let alone play... It also makes a HORRIBLE grinding noise every time I try... I set up USB Loader just in time... (oh, BTW, it took 5hrs to dump NSMBWii to my HD)

Chrnosclock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No new talk? I'm wathcing this thread nearly every day, because it has a lot potential.
A shame, that there are still only 5 pages, because it hasn't warez in its name.
frown.gif

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still the 'full' version is yet to be released, once that hits the streets it should spice up this thread a little bit more!

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Is Riivolution going to be released alongside 'Reggie!'?

I ask because it is hinted quite a bit on the Reggie! thread... (and here a couple times, if I'm not mistaken)

Also, will it be Open-Source?

(sorry for the noobish questions...)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fairly sure it won't be open source, partly to prevent piracy. Probably for other reasons too. But I was informed by one of the devs that it would be closed source.

IlDucci

Trophies
XP
Country
I think there's two spanish translations (One released, other awaiting for you guys) that will love to see this released.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume this threads gonna be dead until someone adds usb loading capabilities, but then that'd have its own thread and this one will still be empty lol and they just keep saying never cause i assume they don't people to try, never say never kids
smile.gif

Zolga.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It certainly will get alot of use by all of us Brawl Hackers.
Since this presumably removes the file size limitations and allows to replace files that we previously couldn't the Brawl hacking scene will be ALL over this.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a note- Aaron says that most custom discs can't access more than about 16 GB. So there may be a theoretical limit after all, regardless of how high it may be.

Ice God64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of NSMBW, I still need to buy it.. That game it too awesome to not buy, even without the level builder.

Here's the downside to no backup support..
I used to play my Brawl hacks with a friend and he'd sold his real copy. I so want to use this over the normal patch code, but if I ever want to play with him I can't. Even if I make a file patch version for him, I'm thinking it'd cause desync issues.

That's to only downside to no backup support, but I suppose I'll think of something eventually.

In the mean time, I still have this for hacking wii-related stuff, so yay!

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Uh, guys, there's a whole new thread about this now...

Ice God64 said:
I used to play my Brawl hacks with a friend and he'd sold his real copy. I so want to use this over the normal patch code, but if I ever want to play with him I can't. Even if I make a file patch version for him, I'm thinking it'd cause desync issues.
If you're both using the same codeset it won't matter whether you're using one loader and he's using the other.

SFentona note- Aaron says that most custom discs can't access more than about 16 GB. So there may be a theoretical limit after all, regardless of how high it may be.
Not most, all. That's the limit of the amount of data on the disc; because of padding it's probably quite a bit lower.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Riivolution specifically look for backups and not run or does it just not support them (via USB, meaning Disc backups should be supported via SNEEK or cIOSCorp or a modchip)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol