mindscarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.

I've read the guide available there ? [Link removed/dead. WeedZ] but I can't get my Ocarina codes working with Riivolution.

There are 2 files in the downloadable archive:
ocarina.xml – where to put it on the SD card? Or is it just something that needs to be copy/pasted in a GAMEID.xml file?
codehandler.bin – where to put it on the SD card?

- Is it OK to remove hook types that we won't use or do they all need to be there?
- Are “offsets” and “values” identical for every game? If not, how do I know which addresses/values to write?
- In the code line below, does the .gct file path HAVE to be SD:\codes\GAMEID.gct?
CODE
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by WeedZ,

mindscarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Problem solved! In case someone else is having problems with Ocarina in Riivolution:

0. Be sure your codes are working properly, try to load them with something else than Riivolution. NOTE: For Super Smash Bros Brawl, many code sets are larger than the default allowed size for Ocarina codes, and will require a special XML to work properly. That's not to say this package doesn't work for Brawl, but large sets like Brawl+ or Brawl- require a specific XML to work.
1. Go there ? [Link removed dead. WeedZ] and Download the RiiOcarina.zip , unzip.
2. Open ocarina.xml . Copy the whole … part inside the … part of the .xml you use for your game. Then copy the whole patch part as well (…).
3. Put the codehandler.bin somewhere (usually in the same folder as your game .xml) and check if the path is right in this line :
4. Put your .gct file somewhere (usually in SD:/codes) and check if the path is right in this line :
5. Load Riivolution and see if your codes are working. Try different hooks (VI Hook / KPAD Hook / Joypad Hook / …) if it doesn't.

If you really can't get it to work, go to this chat => http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=rvlution
People will help you if you ask politely and explain your problem correctly.

Last edited by WeedZ,

EdnaMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are these "hooks" people are talking about? Do I have to worry about them? Also, I need serious help with the Ocarina XML. Can somebody post a fully-and-correctly-filled-out version of their Ocarina XML? Because I don't know what to replace "/codes/{$__gameid}{$__region}{$__maker}.gct"/ with. HELP PLEASE!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

2. Open ocarina.xml . Copy the whole … part inside the … part of the .xml you use for your game. Then copy the whole patch part as well (…).
What does that even mean?? Why so many ellipses?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc