OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Hi!

(I am not sure if I am in right board, but here it goes!)

I was interested to use riivolution 1.03 and I have few guestions:

1. Can I use it without Homebrew channel?
2. If I use it, is it possible that I brick my Wii?
3. Does it work with 4.3 fw?

smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Yes. Run it via Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns, and choose the "Install" option to install a channel for easy future access without re-running exploit each time (although you can run it with exploit each time and not install channel if you wish)

2. Very slim, less than 1% chance I'd say. Only if something goes horribly wrong while installing the channel, which is very unlikely. You should be safe.

3. Yes. The most recent version was released to add compatibility with 4.3

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Shorkio,

1. u dont need the channel, it just makes it easy to launch. You could use loadmii or bannerbomb I suppose
2. No
3. CHANGELOG v1.03
===============
-System Menu 4.3 compatibility

hope this helps
biggrin.gif

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes no yes.

Normally it doesn't do anything permanent to your Wii at all, so no chance of a brick. You have the option of installing its channel, which is safe (also convenient considering there is no Bannerbomb or Homebrew Channel for 4.3 at the moment).

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd. Twice.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Hmm, so Riivolution can already use an ios exploit to install it's channel? is this right?

Yes. Ninty didn't patch the IOS exploit used by Riivolution, and indeed the build date of the new revision of IOS37 is before the original release date of Riivolution.

snikerz said:
QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Jun 27 2010, 10:50 PM) Hmm, so Riivolution can already use an ios exploit to install it's channel? is this right?
Yup, they found a new exploit.

Nope, its the same exploit. It wasn't patched by Ninty. All they had to do was change the version number and some offsets of various things to make it work again. (It was not intentionally broken by Ninty, just some things moved about slightly or something like that
tongue.gif
)

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, a little help please, whenever I try to use the 'Training Level' that comes with reggie My wii freeze's with a black screen.
I also get the same problem with level 01-02 from the SMB1 remake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM