Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

_FeLiX_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.simplify-i-t.com
XP
Country
Hi All,

Bit of a noob question sorry - Have worked through the guide and had previously had Gamma/Homebrew installed - so started from Phase 2. All has gone well, however when i get to Phase 3 and run the Preloader0.25 from HBC the warning screen just sits there - what am i sposed to do at this point? anything to press?
wacko.gif

Cheers,
Felix

teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Wacky Races: Crash and Dash still not working, when i insert the disc nothing is showing up and the wii will not read backups anymore until i reset the wii than everything is fine

I have an PAL WII (Riiskimodded)
The Wacky Races Crash and Dash is also an PAL Version

Edit: maybe the iso is corupted ill try another iso and the i post the results

2ND Edit: The iso was corupted with this new iso he works perfect

macmel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would love to try this, I have been reading since it started. I don't wan't to start flaming(I don't want to know which one is better - I just want to have the benefit of both) on such a good topic. But I have two Wii's which is hard modded and would like to try this, will there be a benefit? My set up

Wiikey - 1st gen
3.2U with starfall
Softchip / Gamma / Backup Launcher installed.

I do usually get disc error (cannot be read / illegal blah blah found / errror 002 / error 001)

Will this get rid of those error?

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fozzieb said:
Disc dumper allows you to copy game in wii to pc over wifi, creating an iso file

So is it that dvd dumper v1.2 and how do I access it?

Posts merged

QUOTE(yahmegaman @ Jan 24 2009, 11:29 AM) i just want to thank everyone who made this mod happen.. it's SO GREAT! now i can play MoHH2 1:1. im so over the warnning screen being stuck for hours. also region free 1:1 not a problem any more.

now if there is only a way to enable ALL games to force or run wide-screen mode.
tongue.gif

I love that game, I've been dying to play it.

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clark, on the riskiimod website you forget to Shout Outs / Respect to one more person, Team Twiizer and Crediar, come on you can't forget them, without them we couldn't have done this great hacks.

skynth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love your work GBAtemp, too bad I can't program well, But When i get better at programming i'll help, May i ask? but what programming language is used for the wii?, or .dol whatever is needed? or do i look at programming from a wrong view, oh and from what i understood riskiimod is still under "testing" if you want i can help, good luck with this
smile.gif

Nautilart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Ive got 3.2 starfall cIOSCORP and Gamma. I understand what preloader is but what would my benefits be of installing it and said included dol file? What would preloader be good for? Would it enable anything i don't have? Much respect friends. And any answers would greatly satisfy my curiosity's.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tried 3.2E ntsc with jap language: Naruto ex3 NTSC-J boots fine Mariokart Pal boots fine Wii Sports blackscreened
i asked crediar about 0.26 last night and it does boot by disc video great for multi standard tv owners like myself
smile.gif
so now we just need disc language then we will have full region free
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
20clarky08 said:
an ash compressor would be a saviour otherwise it might end up pretty big man...

wii need to be careful with this tho,...pre-loader should save us tho i believe, i hope lol

If your playing with the health screen , when you re-install it you have to re-install a new system menu.
Unfortunately , installing a new system menu wad deletes pre-loader again so your stuck without preloader until you can re-install it again.

Now if your new systemmenu.wad is corrupt it means you have no system menu and no preloader and a brick on your wii, so be very careful if your playing with the custom health screen.

Im not sure if it can be tested from a DOL on the SD card yet , but if it can all the better.

_FeLiX_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.simplify-i-t.com
XP
Country
Nautilart said:
So Ive got 3.2 starfall cIOSCORP and Gamma. I understand what preloader is but what would my benefits be of installing it and said included dol file? What would preloader be good for? Would it enable anything i don't have? Much respect friends. And any answers would greatly satisfy my curiosity's.

I had a similar setup - the benefit from my prospective is that you can load your 'backup' games from the native disk channel instead of a backup loader channel or HBC. So for me it makes it simple for the kids
biggrin.gif

Hope this helps...

Felix

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
guys. i read whole pages but i never seem to understand how it fix region free game. i have 3.2u with starfall and modchip installed. several pal games refuse to boot in disc channel. so by installing riiskimod, can it solve my problem?. btw, how about disc reading speed i'm hearing about?.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
innercy said:
guys. i read whole pages but i never seem to understand how it fix region free game. i have 3.2u with starfall and modchip installed. several pal games refuse to boot in disc channel. so by installing riiskimod, can it solve my problem?. btw, how about disc reading speed i'm hearing about?.

no but preloader 0.26 will for all English language games as long as your display can handle PAL and NTSC

esguk

Trophies
XP
Country
After weeks/months just watching from the sidelines I decided to join to say Many thanx !!!
Works a treat on Pal 3.2E Wii with gamma and starfall. installed with no problems at all.
I have one question though - All my games work except NFS underground which gives me 002 error, when loading from disc channel, works ok from gamma loader though.
Is it because its been patched and update removed ? (pal version not ntsc).

Keep up the good work guys
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...