Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
robiul said:
ok now clarky all you need is a deinstall guide.

btw I've tried an import game, the only one I have, tatsunoko vs capcom, doesn't work.

working:
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Let's Tap
Bleach: VC
Spider-Man WoS
LEGO: Batman
Case Closed
007 QoS
MarioKartWii

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean it's the end of gamma and softchip?

ether2802 said:
robiul said:
ok now clarky all you need is a deinstall guide.

btw I've tried an import game, the only one I have, tatsunoko vs capcom, doesn't work.

working:
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Let's Tap
Bleach: VC
Spider-Man WoS
LEGO: Batman
Case Closed
007 QoS
MarioKartWii

Oh mam how did you get tatsunoko vs capcom working..

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
just inserted in the Wii and it worked, it is not patched or anything..!!
smile.gif

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
muzz said:
digitydogs said:
all the cios file in cioscorp have the dip7 patched into them, thats what makes it work and increases the compatability. They are not dummy files. They are all legit ios's just with the patch added (not sure about the lower ios's though)
Robiul my copy works from disc channel. The disc channel is alot more picky about errors in burns and disc scratches/blemishes.

Here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=127...t&p=1702416

You were correct the lower ones not the higher ones. (sorry to quote you Jizmo) I know they're not dummies per se but, to have them all the same thing tells me there are different instructions inside them and it may or may not be required down the road....so it will be missing because it is a dupe of another IOS as far as the title using it is concerned. I highly doubt this will happen but it seems logical to me.

Back to my main question, which you did answer, thanks.....these are still the original batch of CORP files.
The lower IOS's arent used by any new games, and all the games that use them have been confirmed working. all the newer IOS still have their own code just with the dip added in. They arn't dupes. every IOS on my wii after 22 is different from the rest, i doubt clarky would have used a pack that just has one IOS repeated for all, in fact i know he didnt because then games like NFS and AC wouldn't be working.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
sup fellas

ok i crashed and burnt this afternoon after 48hrs none stop Wii action...

jus woke up, gonna work on the uninstall guide now will add all the mirrors to my site so we have a good place to download.

any further developments....??
QUOTE13) Select and load AnyRegionChanger M5....it'll say stuff about Korean Disc, unless you know what you are doing IGNORE it.

14) Get into the options, and IGNORE the top section which has region change stuff and EULA stuff (this isnt about region changing right now)

15) Look at the mid-bottom options, about installing 3.2 (or 3.3K), and leave it on (you shouldnt have to select, but you may) whichever one your system matches, 3.2U or 3.2E

16) Click "Go" and then answer in the affirmative when it asks if you are sure.

17) Answer "NO" when it asks about Korean Disc Loading *explained later

18) Answer "YES" when it asks you to install special starfall-type hacks. Wait for finish.

19) Press any button when it is done to reboot.

Step 17 never happened for me (I'm almost positive, it was early, and I was high). After I hit GO, it did a bunch of stuff, and then went straight to the starfall like hacks question. It led to me almost hitting NO for the starfall hacks, luckily I was taking my time.

I'm not sure if it was like this for everyone.

Besides that, the instructions were GREAT, especially how you noted that the CIOS downgrader might fail the first time, that really saved me time and headaches.

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
The lower IOS's arent used by any new games, and all the games that use them have been confirmed working. all the newer IOS still have their own code just with the dip added in. They arn't dupes. every IOS on my wii after 22 is different from the rest, i doubt clarky would have used a pack that just has one IOS repeated for all, in fact i know he didnt because then games like NFS and AC wouldn't be working.

Makes sense, I kind of figured lower older, less likely to be used but sometimes I get p'noid....I'll probably reinstall eventually. I don't use the functionality it provides but I should, dumping games just takes too long for my taste and my fish don't like me using all the bandwidth in the house
smile.gif

richhee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rolleyes.gif
worked great for me on ntsc-u except when i get to the preloader installation your tutorial doesn't mention anything about needing a special code to get it started but otherwise this is awsome

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
yer the special code is left out the pack but was posted on here

am gonna tidy it up and include the uninstall guide and i'll re-up as soon as i get round to it.

as long as theres no really cool lookin Wii paperweights, its all good
smile.gif

moonwalk103

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
OK i success to get it work guys, I have PAL System and here is my problem :
I tried to run Trauma Center - NEW BLOOD - NTSC and in the disk channel the Wii recognize the DVD
but when I'm trying to run it - BAMMM BLACK SCREEN AND NOTHING!
Also with special version of supersmash bros - he run it like shit all the game freeze and slowly i think because its with strange patches.
Also I can see here in the theard that I'm not the only one PAL who suffer from region free problems...

SuperSmashBros Wii PAL - WORK
MARIO KART PAL - WORK
MARIO GALAXY PAL - WORK

TRAUMA CENTER - NEW BLOOD - NTSC - NOT WORK! BLACK SCREEN AFTER THE START
SuperSmashBros Ntsc - patched (?) - WORK VERY LAME WITH FREEZE AND DELAY

Please help me guys! Thanks.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
yer the special code is left out the pack but was posted on here

am gonna tidy it up and include the uninstall guide and i'll re-up as soon as i get round to it.

as long as theres no really cool lookin Wii paperweights, its all good
smile.gif

jcasas392

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love you guys... and it's not the weed talking, man. we don't say it enough...

this is awesome! i've tested each of my 67 backups, (currently jobless and on the hunt in Miami, Fl if anyone has any hookups) and every single one of them worked. i can't even imagine what else to expect. i was a big part of the iphone cracking scene, and then the psp, then xbox 360, now this, and i must say... this is by far the best community. i am on my 5th newcastle, therefore i apologize for the shit babble... carry on lads! VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
moonwalk103 said:
TRAUMA CENTER - NEW BLOOD - NTSC - NOT WORK! BLACK SCREEN AFTER THE START
SuperSmashBros Ntsc - patched (?) - WORK VERY LAME WITH FREEZE AND DELAY

Please help me guys! Thanks.

for trauma didnt scarface say to change setting to NTSC ...........its somewhere here

as for SSBB have you tried to burn this again ?

found it

QUOTE(Skarface05 @ Jan 22 2009, 04:00 PM) UPDATE -

PAL users - If your TV supports NTSC - Change video Mode to NTSC in Any Region Changer and then you get the same result with all black screen games working with no ill effects on your console! DO NOT USE MPAL AS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED AS IT WILL FUCK YOUR WII!!!!!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well what I actually wanted to do didn't worked, so I had to make a sysmenu_hacked_v289.wad check down in this box that I am typing to find that wad for NTSC-U users only...!!!
wink.gif

ricako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I only joined a few days ago and the speed at which things progress has been amazing
smile.gif

A big thanks to all those involved with the development!
Time to go try this out
smile.gif

Just for clarification... I'm on pal using 480p in sysmenu.. in ARC i am to select NTSC for video mode to get out of regions working(Correct?)
Thx

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Apologies in advance for the exceedingly dumb question, but I'm planning on getting a Wii sometime soon and have downloaded a few Wii games in advance, but they're all scrubbed; am I right in thinking that scrubbed ISOs are decrypted and won't work from the disc channel? Is there any way to encrypt a decrypted ISO, or is the only solution to re-download everything? Again, sorry for the noob questions.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why are people changing their region??? Only advanced modders should be messing with region changes as this can result in a brick. If you don't know what you are doing do not change your wii region. Yes we are using a modded anyregion changer to get full region loading, but you are supposed to leave it set to your region. Those of us playing with the region settings are just doing so to get an idea of things to use for future enhancements

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1