Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Vague Rant said:
Apologies in advance for the exceedingly dumb question, but I'm planning on getting a Wii sometime soon and have downloaded a few Wii games in advance, but they're all scrubbed; am I right in thinking that scrubbed ISOs are decrypted and won't work from the disc channel? Is there any way to encrypt a decrypted ISO, or is the only solution to re-download everything? Again, sorry for the noob questions.

No scrubed .iso's aren't the same as decrypted, Scrubed are choped in pieces then compresed, decrypted are those without the update partition of the disc and some other stuff not really important.

Scrubed = works
Decrypted = only will work thru a Launcher, never thru Disc Channel

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone out there have a flatmii yet? if so someone pm me the software that comes with it. i want to see if we can pull usb2.0 drivers off of it to make a softmod based HDD ISO loader.

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
Apologies in advance for the exceedingly dumb question, but I'm planning on getting a Wii sometime soon and have downloaded a few Wii games in advance, but they're all scrubbed; am I right in thinking that scrubbed ISOs are decrypted and won't work from the disc channel? Is there any way to encrypt a decrypted ISO, or is the only solution to re-download everything? Again, sorry for the noob questions.

I've scrubbed about half of my games, and every single one of them(about 30) work with this method. Scrubbed games are not decrypted, in fact, no game you get should be decrypted, unless it says it wherever you get it. Now, I'm not saying that no scrubbed game is decrypted, I'm just saying that it's not the common practice. All scrubbing does is remove the worthless data, so that the .iso file more easily compresses. It's actually kinda foolish to not scrub the games you keep on you HDD, because most games can have 1-3 GB removed from them, saving you alot of disk space.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
richglix said:
Step 17 never happened for me (I'm almost positive, it was early, and I was high). After I hit GO, it did a bunch of stuff, and then went straight to the starfall like hacks question. It led to me almost hitting NO for the starfall hacks, luckily I was taking my time.
damn you must have been really high, step 17 most definitely happened... you probably just zoned out and hit NO without realizing

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
No scrubed .iso's aren't the same as decrypted, Scrubed are choped in pieces then compresed, decrypted are those without the update partition of the disc and some other stuff not really important.

Scrubed = works
Decrypted = only will work thru a Launcher, never thru Disc Channel
QUOTE(mrtankjump @ Jan 22 2009, 07:15 PM) I've scrubbed about half of my games, and every single one of them(about 30) work with this method. Scrubbed games are not decrypted, in fact, no game you get should be decrypted, unless it says it wherever you get it. Now, I'm not saying that no scrubbed game is decrypted, I'm just saying that it's not the common practice. All scrubbing does is remove the worthless data, so that the .iso file more easily compresses. It's actually kinda foolish to not scrub the games you keep on you HDD, because most games can have 1-3 GB removed from them, saving you alot of disk space.
Many thanks to both of you, good to know I haven't wasted my time and bandwidth. I think (not at home right now) only one of them might have been decrypted; Animal Crossing: City Folk was brick-blocked, but it scrubbed down insanely small, so it shouldn't be too bad redownloading that.

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, FlatMii is a hardware device that emulates the dvd drive itself, so I don't think any software involved with it could be used for our sake.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eww wasn't thinking about it just sending usb2.0 and being transferred into drive emulation. i was hoping they had some usb2.0 drivers made. scratch that idea

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
clarky id rather them come here and get good info and help from the get go then see this on instructables or some other site and screw stuff up and have to come here for a fix. there is a guy on there posting half assed and outdated guides for soft modding.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Guys, im back now - im about to try and recover one of the wiis - lets hope for the best
tongue.gif

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i want to install RiskiiMod but i have already installed starfall, preloader and CIOSCORP i know that for preloader i have to use the uninstalation app that crediar did but what about starfall and CIOSCORP?

Plzz i need some help

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dark. just run the preloader hack remover. run the anyregion changer from the pack to install system menu for your region, tell it no to korean, yes to the hacks, install preloader, re-install cioscorp and your good to go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.techspot.com/news/103548-korean-isp-accused-installing-malware-600000-customers-pcs.html