Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
--RiskiiMod V2-- by 20clarky08, Digitydogs, Ether, NoobWarrior07, Jizmo + IronMask AKA The Wii Stuntmen :-p

now also available in spanish available in here ---> guide only spanish thx 2 darkdsguy
if anyone else translates can they let me know and i'll post a link thx

We have now updated the guide and also moved to .doc format for formatting and ease of reading. The hole process is alot easier than it previously was and also clearer in my opinion.

IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU, ALL WE ASK IF THAT YOU TAKE THE TIME TO HELP 1 PERSON ON THIS SITE...THIS IS A COMMUNTIY AFTERALL

Features:

-Full Disc "Enhanced" Region-Free

-Full Channel Region-Free

-Diagnostic Menu (Recovery) access through GCport1 Y-Button

-No Copy Save Protections Removed

-Full Wii Backup Loading From Disc Channel Nearly 100% Compat.

-Retail Discs run 6x, Backups run 3x

-Auto boot (Set as diag) ANY Disc Through Recovery Menu

-Health warning Removed

-Skip Disc Updates

-No Error 002

-No Annoying Menu BGM

-Pre loader on RESET Hold

~Included dol for pre loader, special "AnyTitleDeleter" , with MaxTitleCount 512 to unbreak home-brew

-Regular cIOS for those who have patched discs to 249

-Disc Dumper Channel *optional

-Move your Disc Channel anywhere *optional*

-HBC usage

-Downgrade Method Included

-Fix for better MIOS *optional

THANKS AND SHOUTS TO THE FOLLOWING.

Qleap, Crediar, Waninkoko, Wiigator, Team Twiizers, WiiBlaster, NoobWarrior07, WiiCrazy, icefireicefire, DigityDogs, ArmTheHomeless, IronMask, Jizmo, DJtaz, Ether, DJdynamite, WiiPower, Alejandroues, Neorame, Forsaekn, and basically the hole god damn GBATemp Crew..lol

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So long as you have tested it and it works, I will be brave and try it. Bring on the PM, Clarky.
This also seems like a really good tutorial for the noobs.
How many Wiis (NTSC/PAL) have you tried this on?
Anyways, bring it. I'm ready to be Riisky.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nicely done. now once we get the region free fully working we are all set, unless someone magically breaks the 3x barrier or creates a gc loader. heh

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
Nicely done. now once we get the region free fully working we are all set, unless someone magically breaks the 3x barrier or creates a gc loader. heh
So true. I think it will happen like this:
1) Region Free
2-3 Weeks.
2) 3x barrier
Unknown, but I bet it will be done via a hardware mod (kinda defeats the point, but oh well)
3) GC Loader
Unknown, we'll have to wait for a glitch, bug, or exploit.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
digitydogs said:
So true. I think it will happen like this:
1) Region Free
2-3 Weeks.
2) 3x barrier
Unknown, but I bet it will be done via a hardware mod (kinda defeats the point, but oh well)
3) GC Loader
Unknown, we'll have to wait for a glitch, bug, or exploit.

lol, you put them in order but only gave a time frame for the first one...youre funny.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banplease.gif

Thanks for making a hopefully good guide for people

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
Thanks for making a good guide for people
Yes, this is much more fleshed out than the tut in the original cIOSCORP thread, and it is (essentially) noob-proof. Then again, my parents said they child-proofed the house, and I still got in.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an installation of cioscorp could still possibly be a negative thing if you accidentally update in the future...its just a risk everyone has to decide for themselves.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you saying here basically that by using AnyRegionChanger M5 which includes starfall type hacks that it will make the disc channel on NTSC Wii show Pal games?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
an installation of cioscorp could still possibly be a negative thing if you accidentally update in the future...its just a risk everyone has to decide for themselves.

Has Far as i can see a update only removes the CIOS's, that is a 3.4 so i'm pretty any future updates would do the same. Thats Just a Guess

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
So are you saying here basically that by using AnyRegionChanger M5 which includes starfall type hacks that it will make the disc channel on NTSC Wii show Pal games?

i think that might be what that means? if M5 is mod05 by qleap, which from the korean stuff im guessing it is, he said he got RF working properly.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
Well, he does mention "enhanced" region-free in the tutorial.
Hearing of PAL machines being able to do this, I believe him.
I'm still unsure of NTSC right now.
I'm downloading the pack as we speak, but I'm unaware of when I'll be able to install it.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Jizmo said:
Well, he does mention "enhanced" region-free in the tutorial.
Hearing of PAL machines being able to do this, I believe him.
I'm still unsure of NTSC right now.
I'm downloading the pack as we speak, but I'm unaware of when I'll be able to install it.

I'm gonna hold off till tomorrow to try it. I got some other channels i wanna work on tonight yet. Plus i'm pretty skeptical on NTSC working anyways.

Nothing personal, but I've tested at least 50 different combinations aimed at fixing NTSC region issue and all with same result.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel you jizmo, but if i stop now with my luck number 51 will be the success, lol
Downloading and preparing my wii now. While i'm waiting, what do each of the wad files contain? i'm curious

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starfall shows and launches pal games in my gf's disc channel on an ntsc-u anyway with rebooter...who said it didnt work in the first place?

she has an ntsc-u wii with neorame's 002 channel and regular 249
upon doing rebooter, disc of superfruit fall pal shows in channel, launches in black and white...but launches nonetheless

if the goal to fix the black and white/scrolling/no load issues.....cuz video signal is different than region free.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noob it won't work with preloader. we are aiming for straight from boot region free channel loading. modchip without the chip (yes i know excluding 3x read speed and gc games) on a side note rebooter is what makes the region free backups work, not starfall. and clarky if were giving out 31 meg rars, can we get a server that goes faster than 80k? Max download speed for me is 2.5MB a sec so i know its not me
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte