Hardware Right Joycon voltages

Mightyjebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been working on a few right hand side Joycon's and I've been mapping voltages as I go along. I've attached a diagram below in case it's useful to other people working on the right joycon.
This isn't a comprehensive list as it's a work in progress, I know at least 5 points on the other side of the board that show 4v but I haven't sorted out a picture yet for instance.
joycon voltage.jpg

Reactions: susi91 and FXDX

Bohne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One of my right joy-cons is dead. How can I check if the charge chip is faulty?
I changed the battery and the rail. It's still not working.

Mightyjebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it's tricky but if you connect the joycon to the side of the switch which has a charger attached you should see an input voltage on pin 13 of the charge chip. This feeds the battery and system out pins and if you unplug the joycon from the switch you loose the input voltage but you should still see voltage on the BAT and SYS pins.

Reactions: susi91

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been working on a few right hand side Joycon's and I've been mapping voltages as I go along. I've attached a diagram below in case it's useful to other people working on the right joycon.
This isn't a comprehensive list as it's a work in progress, I know at least 5 points on the other side of the board that show 4v but I haven't sorted out a picture yet for instance.View attachment 212330

Thank you very much for the picture :)

I'm curious. Do you know something about the right joycon wake-up issue? I.e. the Joycon doesn't wake up from deep sleep, connected/disconnected doesn't make a difference. Pressing Sync for a few seconds and the Joycon wakes up and connects fine on the switch rail and/or via BT.

Edit: The right one also doesn't wake up if I boot the switch (from powered off) with connected joycons.

Last edited by susi91,

ShidoNyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello, very good, I know that this does not go with the topic, I would like to know on the right joycon plate what would be the point where the bluetooth synchronization button goes, what happens is that the flex of the SL/SRL and the synchronization button have already broken It's the second time it's happened to me and I don't think I'll buy that cable again, but I'm only interested in being able to synchronize both for the Nintendo Switch and on PC, but I require the synchronization button to do it, do you know where to solder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: how are you guys rolling dice?