1. Mightyjebus

OP Mightyjebus Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I've been working on a few right hand side Joycon's and I've been mapping voltages as I go along. I've attached a diagram below in case it's useful to other people working on the right joycon.
    This isn't a comprehensive list as it's a work in progress, I know at least 5 points on the other side of the board that show 4v but I haven't sorted out a picture yet for instance. joycon voltage.jpg

susi91 and FXDX like this.
  2. Bohne

Bohne Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    One of my right joy-cons is dead. How can I check if the charge chip is faulty?
    I changed the battery and the rail. It's still not working.

3. Mightyjebus

OP Mightyjebus Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    it's tricky but if you connect the joycon to the side of the switch which has a charger attached you should see an input voltage on pin 13 of the charge chip. This feeds the battery and system out pins and if you unplug the joycon from the switch you loose the input voltage but you should still see voltage on the BAT and SYS pins.

susi91 likes this.
  4. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Thank you very much for the picture :)

I'm curious. Do you know something about the right joycon wake-up issue? I.e. the Joycon doesn't wake up from deep sleep, connected/disconnected doesn't make a difference. Pressing Sync for a few seconds and the Joycon wakes up and connects fine on the switch rail and/or via BT.

Edit: The right one also doesn't wake up if I boot the switch (from powered off) with connected joycons.

Last edited by susi91, Aug 22, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - voltages, Joycon, Right