Hacking Right Joy-con not connecting to Switch after an update. (conspiracy??)

MERCENARY_TAO__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had my uncle solder a wire in my joy-con months ago to do the RCM thing without having a stupid wire.

Got tired of not being able to play smash and decided to just update my extra switch to most up-to-date OFW.

The system "updated" my controllers and now every time I try and connect the right joy-con to the system it won't recognize it as connected to the system directly and won't let me play games in portable because of it.

So my question is: Could Nintendo have figured out that this joy-con is attempting to RCM the console constantly and just disable it from being directly connected out of spite?

I haven't tried launching the system with CFW yet.

NOT A PROGRAMMER
NOT A GAME DESIGNER
IF QUESTIONS TRIGGER YOU PLEASE LEAVE MY POST
Honestly people on these forums have been huge phallic symbols every time I ask a question that they can't answer.

Reactions: orangy57

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes, it's a known fact the latest controller update breaks controllers designed to constantly press the hidden home button. Good news is you can just undo the soldering and it'll be back to normal.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you could dump the firmware with some joycon tool. maybe it's possible to inject an older firmware? I don't know

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a soldered mod in my joycon and the only problem I had was the first time it tried to update the right joycon it failed in the middle. The second time it worked and haven't had any problems. It is the internal mod so I'm not sure which pin bridging it takes the place of. I read some posts saying the pin bridging used causes different results after the last update.

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
My brother in law got the same problem only hesh not using any sort of unofficial software on his Switch.
I tried countless times to clean probes and other methods found online and nothing worked.

Last he told me he sent it to Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol