Rhythm Tengoku 3DS hype

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Tomobobo, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Tomobobo
    OP

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Just super pumped this is coming soon, can't wait to jam all the classics and some new stuff. You guys hyped as I am?

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Yup. Actually only found out this is releasing next week yesterday or so. I do wonder though. They said the game will include 70 old and 30 new games, but what about remixes and version 2s? Are those included in those numbers?

3. Tomobobo
    OP

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Tomato Hentai likes this.
  4. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    I'm guessing it's being released only in Japan?

5. Tomobobo
    OP

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Looks like so far they haven't announced it for North America or Europe but I honestly think the game is so much better in Japanese. The english dubs really take a lot of the charm and quirkiness away.

bobmcjr and Tomato Hentai like this.
  6. Tomato Hentai

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    I agree, but I don't like importing games over from Japan, since I have a US system, and I'm pretty sure I currently have no way to use RegionFOUR or RegionThree to play Japanese games.

Tomobobo likes this.
  7. Tomobobo
    OP

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Hmm, sounds like somebody needs a flash cart, or one of these fancy new CFWs. :) If you wanna play legit it is kinda sad, but keep your hopes up, Nintendo has only not localized one of the Rhythm Tengoku games and that was for the GBA.

8. Tomato Hentai

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    I'd buy a flashcart, but they're too expensive. :^(
    I'm trying to find a Cubic Ninja cart for Pasta, but I think my FW is too high to use Ninjhax.

9. Mylink5

Mylink5 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2010
    Greece
    Greece,Thessaloniki
    One of my most fav video game series ever! Been waiting for it to come out on 3DS since the console launched! Super hyped :D Even though I played the DS and Wii games in english, it's true that japanese's much better!

10. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Woop!

11. weavile001

weavile001 Spiritmaster

Jun 10, 2012
    Brazil
    somewhere
    ....just found out that my favorite stages: The Bon-Odori,DJ School,Screwbot Factory and Love Rap are not available on this game....

Last edited by weavile001, Jun 5, 2015
  12. Tomobobo
    OP

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Yeah love rap and love rap 2 are so epic. Can't say I'll be missing the Screw guys though.

13. Mondegreen

Mondegreen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2010
    Melbourne
    oh man i'm gonna tear up my touch screen with this one...

14. jmleolgq

jmleolgq Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2011
    Switzerland
    it has been released in Jp !!

15. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    And dumped.

16. Tomobobo
    OP

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    I gotta find it I'm pissing on myself.

It's on the way omg bros it's the best plus.

17. Tomobobo
    OP

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Where are all the remixes? Why is there so much dialog?

18. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    Remixes start later on. Yeah, dialogue is actually quite much in this game. I'm all the way through the campaign and I found the remixes to be a little disapppointing when it comes down to the music used in them. Nonetheless I liked some reappearances of my favorites from the DS and Wii (not remixes, just mini games).

Can anyone familiar with the Japanese language please help me finding out how to get these orb thingies with which you can buy mini games in the shop that's in the game?

Edit: Found it out now. For anyone wondering where to get these jewels: You receive them for doing Perfects at and challenges at the train station. Hope that helps someone.

Last edited by Axido, Jun 12, 2015
    Tomobobo likes this.
  19. Tomobobo
    OP

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Yeah I completed the main campaign fully last night after all day playing, gotta say, it's the best Rhythm Tengoku yet. Really sad that the 3ds's audio capabilities seem to be shit or that maybe this game's audio quality isn't the best, dunno what's getting held back but I hoped for better. Even still, great game and the best experience yet.

The gold stars that each song has is awesome and makes you feel accomplished. There's all this feedback the player is given like the end level score and the real time measurement of timing. Really helps new players and helps veterans see where they're messing up and helps correct your timing by the visual notification. The song selection is awesome, the only songs I felt were left out are there in the in game shop, it's amazing. The remixes were great and really tried to clash new and old together and it was nostalgic.

Such a lot of dialog though, I was really kinda taken aback by how much story there must be, and I can't read a lick of it. Great pacing otherwise, another shiny star for being more friendly to new players in this way.

11/10

20. froatsnook

froatsnook Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2014
    United States
    I'm loving the game so far. Does anyone know how to start the multiplayer? I managed to not delete my save so far, but I'm shooting in the dark here (I know no Japanese whatsoever)!