Gaming Revo K101. Problems with loading saved games.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I had handheld these games that can not be saved files to our factory. They will try to test them. I will get back to you once they call back to us.

Keep telling us the name of the games that you can not save it. Please tell us the full correct name so that we can test it here.

Thank you and wish you Merry Christmas!

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks. I had handheld these games that can not be saved files to our factory. They will try to test them. I will get back to you once they call back to us.

Keep telling us the name of the games that you can not save it. Please tell us the full correct name so that we can test it here.

Thank you and wish you Merry Christmas!
Doom english release from gba
Yoshi island english release from gba

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I just inadvertantly lost my save for Dragon Quest Monsters 3 Caravan Heart. I had just saved and was going to flush to SD card by going to the menu using L+Brightness and accidentally pushed Power+Brightness which just instantly turned off the system. I turned it back on and found out that it had deleted the save when I did that.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i think the conversation has become two different conversations.

Keep telling us the name of the games that you can not save it.
Problem is the same, sometimes (randomly) saves are erased. (file is 0ko).

i am able to save just fine. i can even make use of those saves. however, for no reason, i'll power on the system and the save will not work (blank, corrupted, missing -- i really don't know). it will be a save i used for a few days, and had hours of progress saved on. so you see, ruiliong, it is not that saves are not working but that saves are randomly disappearing.

-another world

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes my friend Another World, You can save the games with Revo K101. But sometimes the saves will andomly disappear.

We had discussed this with the manufacture. They also test some games. All can be saved. Things that will effect you to save or lose the save files are:

1. The power of the device when you save the games
2. The correct games you played
3. The quality of the Memory card
4. The right steps to save the game- Another World's way is right!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
When it happened to me my unit was fully powered, I had charged it a few hours before and saved 2 or 3 times on that charge before i lost my first save. my games were verified by crc, they are good clean roms. the memory card it happened on is a 4gb kingston class4 (formatted with the pansonic formatter). i always save with *+START and usually go back to the menu (*+L) and into the file listing before i shut down the system. when i power down i always hold the button on the side.

-another world

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I got the same issue for mine. In almost every game.. It's really a big deal, as it says before; this device is useless for the moment.

I'm disappointed because it's a great device without this problem, I hope you can find a solution quickly..

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We had submitted this problem to our factory. And they are testing the games you complained failed to save. I will get back here once I receive their reply.

Thanks.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Base on what Maxzhou88 feedback, you guys do not need to press any hotkey to save the game. Just press the turn OFF button and shut down your K1o1. The game files will be backup to the TF card because K101 use the "Soft Power Off" button design. You guys can try it.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the same time, the manufacture had released the upgrade firmware for Revo K101. You can can download it here

What improvement in this firmware are:

1. adding the display mode: 240:160

2. improve the problem on saving games- ROM>16MB- to better save the games, we suggest you use the original ROMS. As we had tested, those original Roms have no problem on saving.

SpikeSpiegel03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is impossible to access the new firmware, credential are needed.
Concerning power button (ON/OFF), as i said before not matter what way we use for saving games problem appeared.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extra information for the problem on saving games:

The main problem may be about the ROM you used. General speaking, there are several standard sizes rom for the original:

4MB, 8MB, 16MB, 32MB

In theory, only the rom in 32MB or over it will have the problem on saving the games. This is because this size rom has not enough rom to Save Buffer, which will caused the saving problem.

From the games you mentioned here, there are in different sizes. This is possible as you guys can get such roms from anywhere. So the problem is the different size and rom we used. This can explain why we do not have problem on saving games here- because we use different rom.

I am sorry I am not very good at technical. Hope you guys can understand.

Happy New Year!:lol:

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, can you tell me where and what is the size of the ROM you used?- When you said you can not save the game?

Here we got some customers have the ROMs have customize which will caused the size is not with the original one.

Thanks.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
UNRELATED :

Just thought I would let the K1 team know that this thread has finally persuaded me to buy a K101,
Its nice to see the manufacturers actually helping with the problems of the consumers.
Ive found this rare among many flashcart teams, even though its not really a flashcart.

SpikeSpiegel03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Problem is still there. I have lost my savestates.

I have tested with these two roms:
Rom Info:
Internal Name: MARIO KART
Serial: AGB-AMKP-EUR
Version: 1.0
Crc32: 20025842
Complement: FD
Size: 32 Mbit
Save: TypeFlash v124 - 512 kbit

Internal Name: GBAZELDA
Serial: AGB-AZLP-EUR
Version: 1.0
Crc32: 5A164321
Complement: 7F
Size: 64 Mbit
Save: TypeEeprom v122 - 64 kbit

Informations comes from http://www.advanscene.com/.

First, i was playing with mario kart, it seems working (play, save, shutdown, restart). After that i started zelda, save in game and shutdown the device with Power button. I launched zelda but save has disappeared. I launched mario kart save also lost. All savestates destroyed.

Maybe there is a problem with this kind of save "Eeprom v122 - 64 kbit". But why all my savestates were destroyed (also mario kart) ? (this is not normal)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...