Reviving a TOOL?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Scathraax, Jun 12, 2009.

Jun 12, 2009

Reviving a TOOL? by Scathraax at 8:21 AM (756 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Scathraax
    OP

Member Scathraax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So yesterday I installed CFW on a friend's PSP for him.
    While doing so, I noticed my TOOL battery wouldn't boot, or even charge while in his, or my own PSP. (both 2001 Slims)
    I had to use ChickHEN and Recovery Flasher to install the CFW, which was so much simpler..

However, I can't recall ever charging the TOOL after using it on my own PSP one time.. So I figure maybe it's just out of juice and needs a recharge.
    Can I do this without a PSP, or perhaps it would work with a Phat model? (I'll have one within the next few days)

I hope I can revive it, so I can use it at a later date, just in case of a brick or somethin'..

2. mcp2

Member mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Is it a phat battery? You'll need a phat psp to charge (safer), just charge it up fully and it shouldn't run out of juice for a while. However, these tool batteries have significantly shorter lives than normal batteries, that's why they're so cheap (like the DX ones)

3. testic-cancer

Newcomer testic-cancer Advanced Member

Afghanistan
    They have exactly the same lifespan as a normal datel battery.

Obviously if you've never charged it it will need charging. Storing batteries with no charge in them will significantly shorten the batteries life.

4. Scathraax
    OP

Member Scathraax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It seems to be, as I can't place the battery cover on my Slim when I have the TOOL in it.
    Guess I'll throw it in my Phat when I recieve it in the mail and charge it up.

5. testic-cancer

Newcomer testic-cancer Advanced Member

Afghanistan
    fat batteries fit in slim psp and charge without problems.

To charge a tool you have to power the psp without a battery in (using the psu), then place the battery in when at the menu.