Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I like it.
smileipb2.png

Castlevania: Judgment is a fighting game produced by Konami exclusively for the Nintendo Wii. It's a crossover game of the famous vampire franchise. You can choose between characters like Alucard, Simon Belmont or even Dracula to play against others figures of the Castlevania's universe.

Graphics and sound

Judgment shows some good visuals. Technicaly the title is competent, presenting good character models, detailed backgrounds and decent light effects. The frame rate is stable and efficient. The art style is also good, with the character design made by Takeshi Obata, the artist behind the mangas Death Note e Hikaru no Go.

The sound has the same level of quality as the visuals. There are some good songs (especially the opening theme) and the dubbing that can be in english or japanese language.

Gameplay and durability

The gameplay is an interesting mix between PowerStone (from the Dreamcast) and more tradicional fighting titles. The handling through the arenas is in free style, like PowerStone, but the moves are like other fighting games. The controls are very simple and responsive. Perhaps the "ultra hardcore gamers" won't like it, but for those gamers who just want to have fun, the controls should be pretty enjoyable. In fact, Judgment offers a fun mechanics that works perfectly well.

A goof thing about this game are the multiplayer modes. You can play offline or online, using the Nintendo Wi-Fi system, against strangers or friends using FCs. The singleplayer mode is also good but lacks variety. The game should have more playable characters (it has only 14) and a more elaborated Story mode. However, this Castlevania is still a interesting title for those who don't want to play on the multiplayer modes.

Conclusion

Castlevania: Judgment is a simple but fun fighting game. If you apreciate games like PowerStone or Super Smash Bros., you should give a chance to Judgment because its gameplay is really enjoyable. The only problem is lack of content for the sigleplayer modes.

Pros:

+ Good visuals and art style.
+ Fast and fun gameplay.
+ Online mode is a great feature.

Cons:

- Story mode is too simple.
- Should have more characters to choose.

Score: 8/10

castleqz3.jpg

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice quick review. But with the fighters coming out/are already out, it's kind of hard to play this game when knowing that the others are better in many ways (depending on your taste in fighting games). I'm enjoying Capcom vs Tatsunoko quite a bit. I still play Melee (smash bros.) and I'm going to play Bleach when it comes out in english. But nonetheless, a good addition to the collection when I get bored of the other games.

Kenshin Br

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Anakir said:
Nice quick review. But with the fighters coming out/are already out, it's kind of hard to play this game when knowing that the others are better in many ways (depending on your taste in fighting games). I'm enjoying Capcom vs Tatsunoko quite a bit. I still play Melee (smash bros.) and I'm going to play Bleach when it comes out in english. But nonetheless, a good addition to the collection when I get bored of the other games.

Yeah.

But for me Castlevania is better. In fact, I did not like Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

I don't like Capcom fighting games. ;D

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would you recommend it to four guys that are doing a 24 hour Wii marathon who already have Tatsunoko vs Capcom, SSBB and Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and don't have a particular interest in fighting games?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty +1