Hacking Rev14 question....

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a couple of maxtor hard drives that were not possible to use with my Wii as none of my USB loaders could find them, would installing Rev14 change anything with regards to this, as in could it now be possible they will be found after installed?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's possible and it's easy to find out -> Simply try it!
wink.gif

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i would but i gave both away to a friend for him to try on his Wii, but i could easily just get them back and try it as you said, just though i would try my luck to see whether REV14 install would help the matter or not effect it at all LOL

Cheers

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your maxtor drives have that 'one touch backup' thing built in, they will not work. That was my problem. You need a basic external bay, with no extra features. Then any drive will work that is put inside of it. Or at least thats been the case with me and my Wii...

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
I have a couple of maxtor hard drives that were not possible to use with my Wii as none of my USB loaders could find them, would installing Rev14 change anything with regards to this, as in could it now be possible they will be found after installed?

Have you tried using the other USB port on the back of the Wii?
I believe since Rev11 or Rev12, it has to be a specific USB port for USB Loaders...

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
My maxtor was put into a self powered usb caddy. I used to have an old IDE one but now using a sata one and no problems with any of the 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither