Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

schoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ retro: thanks and happy eastern to you to.

@ catboy: i dont't know what drwhojan have done, but his updates works fine and he fixed two games i asked for in 5 minutes. ok he postet his updates in rgfs section, but i think this is no reason to perm ban him everytime

@ blackmail: i dont think there is a way to ignore new accounts in you mailbox, dont read the pms and klick delete
wink.gif

akin09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
need help regarding the ysmenu for m3i zero
frown.gif

there's a conflict between two folders the SYSTEM folder(firmware) and the System folder from retrogamefan's multicart.
what should i do? need help plssss

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
akin09 said:
frown.gif

there's a conflict between two folders the SYSTEM folder(firmware) and the System folder from retrogamefan's multicart.
Errr maybe you replace it, no? Aren't there instructions?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
blackmail said:
Damn it i'm still getting PM from drwhojan (i know i should't be talking about HIM) but it's getting really annoying (under different pseudo obviously the new one is forsinme123 not much creative duh)
Isn't there any way to ban him definitely cause it's a real pain in the a** to clean my inbox.
Please forward all his pm's to a member of the staff so they can handle him

schoki said:
@ catboy: i dont't know what drwhojan have done, but his updates works fine and he fixed two games i asked for in 5 minutes. ok he postet his updates in rgfs section, but i think this is no reason to perm ban him everytime
You don't know the full story then. He has done several things such as theft people's work, hijacking threads, he has been held responsible for bricking several flashcards, aggravated stalking of members, ignoring a direct order from the staff to stop stalking said members, among other things. To add to that, he now holds the record for the most ban evasions. He may seem nice, but he's not someone to be trusted. Now enough talk about him so he can go away already.

QUOTE(akin09 @ Apr 21 2011, 07:05 PM)
frown.gif

Are you using an M3i Zero gmp z003? Check the top right corner of your card and if "gmp z003" is in the corner than no alternate firmwares will work on it. The M3 team spent months not updating their card to pump out that piece of shit

akin09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i didn't replace anything i just follow the instructions:
"It's always best to backup your microSD to a folder called Backup on your PC before upgrading to a new firmware version.

Then format your microSD with the Panasonic SD Formatter and use these options :
FORMAT TYPE - FULL (Erase ON)
FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT - ON

Copy your M3Real/M3iZero firmware back to your microSD, then extract the files from new firmware and copy the following to your microSD :
System folder
TTMenu folder
SRESET.DAT
YSMenu.nds

Then create a folder called Games on your microSD and put all your games and saves into that folder

Boot your carts firmware, then load YSMenu.nds"
since the name of the firmware folder for M3 is SYSTEM too i cant do anything.. i even rename the both of them but it doesn't work

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
akin09 said:
"It's always best to backup your microSD to a folder called Backup on your PC before upgrading to a new firmware version.

Then format your microSD with the Panasonic SD Formatter and use these options :

Copy your M3Real/M3iZero firmware back to your microSD, then extract the files from new firmware and copy the following to your microSD :
System folder
TTMenu folder
SRESET.DAT
YSMenu.nds

Then create a folder called Games on your microSD and put all your games and saves into that folder

since the name of the firmware folder for M3 is SYSTEM too i cant do anything.. i even rename the both of them but it doesn't work
Did you try merging them? As in having the contents of RGF's files in System placed in your M3's System?

EDIT: Or look to AGLCB's post.

akin09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nebz said:
akin09 said:

System folder
TTMenu folder
SRESET.DAT
YSMenu.nds

Did you try merging them? As in having the contents of RGF's files in System placed in your M3's System?

EDIT: Or look to AGLCB's post.
just found out that my m3 is gmp-z003
hate2.gif

and it blocks other firmware .. thanks for the help and reply tho
smile.gif

esl310

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello, RGF!
I have a some problem to game play.
Unreleased game, Pokemon Black (K) have a bug of experience.
After the end of combat, the experience is a bug that is not properly obtained.
If you tell me your e-mail, I will send you file.
Have a good time!

raffaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys|! I have an R4i-sdhc.com and the only way to work is rename the TTmenu.dat to _BOOT_DS.NDS and use the R4.dat from a program called R4istrap. anyone here with the same card as me got it to work with directboot?

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Just posting here to say that I completely agree with RGF's one-update-per-month policy, and it's still way better than no updates.

(sorry for the spam, but I felt I needed to say this)

laughingravy

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to say thanks to you Retro for all your efforts, if it wasn't for you many of the games would still not be working on the kids DSTT, just wanted to let you know that you've helped many people as i had nearly a hundred games pinched (originals) but fortunately had made a backup so was able to get them working with your firmware....cheers bud!!

Regards
Laughingravy

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
esl310 said:
Hello, RGF!
Have a good time!
That has nothing to do with firmware. You'll need to get a "patch" to fix it... pretty sure I shouldn't mention it here :/
The "bug" as you say, is caused by anti-piracy.
Search around here on the forums, you'll find the fix
wink.gif

Retro: Is there a set date of release of the latest firmware or will it just be random?
Either way. Thank you for all you've done for this community
biggrin.gif

zmfpdlwl5914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't play 5467 - Naruto Shippuden Naruto vs Sasuke (KOR)(NukeThis) with this kernel(Retro 6.56) properly.
What should I do?

===error===
At the very first of the story, Naruto runs to the right side, and the screen remains black.

esl310

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zmfpdlwl5914 said:
I can't play 5467 - Naruto Shippuden Naruto vs Sasuke (KOR)(NukeThis) with this kernel(Retro 6.56) properly.
What should I do?

Um... The game is working properly.
Please tell me exactly what error occurred.

esl310

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hatchetball said:
esl310 said:
Hello, RGF!
Have a good time!
That has nothing to do with firmware. You'll need to get a "patch" to fix it... pretty sure I shouldn't mention it here :/
The "bug" as you say, is caused by anti-piracy.
Search around here on the forums, you'll find the fix
wink.gif

Retro: Is there a set date of release of the latest firmware or will it just be random?
Either way. Thank you for all you've done for this community
biggrin.gif

Release : April 21, 2011
Game Name : Pokemon Black & White (Korea)
Rom Number : XXXX

I get error when running this game in YSMenu. (errcode=-4).
This error is the problem of kernel.
And after running this game in WoodTT, I didn't acquire experience. (copy-protected lock).
I tried to unlock, I could loading in YSMenu. But I didn't unlock of experience.

I can't speak English well.
I'm sorry ^^;

pozolito123

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a dstti, with the latest of this updates, and I am having problems connecting to wifi in some games, it says that it can't obtain the ip adress, is someone having this problem?

esl310

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zmfpdlwl5914 said:
Then... Pokemon Black (K) rom realeased already.. Right??;;

No.
Has not been released in rom site yet.
Personally, I hope don't released in rom site.

QUOTE(zmfpdlwl5914 @ Apr 28 2011, 02:26 PM) I can't play 5467 - Naruto Shippuden Naruto vs Sasuke (KOR)(NukeThis) with this kernel(Retro 6.56) properly.
What should I do?

===error===
At the very first of the story, Naruto runs to the right side, and the screen remains black.

Wait a long time please.
Then proceed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo