Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which is the best core to play Violent Storm?

I tried a Final Burn Alpha rom version of Violent Storm and it was able to play on the Final Burn Neo core, but the audio was stuttering badly. I'm kind of a Retroarch noob, so any help would be appreciated.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The GAMEPAD works in RETROARCH!! YeSSS to good!! But Wait....Only the CROSS works not the joypad!!
Any way to improve this so it's like in a virtual wiU console game?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which is the best core to play Violent Storm?

I tried a Final Burn Alpha rom version of Violent Storm and it was able to play on the Final Burn Neo core, but the audio was stuttering badly. I'm kind of a Retroarch noob, so any help would be appreciated.
Thought I'd answer my own question.

Violent Storm works flawlessly with the MAME 2003 Plus core, whereas the sound was stuttering with the Final Burn Neo core. There really needs to be an updated Retroarch page somewhere as it's hard to get any good info out of this huge thread!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I'd answer my own question.

Violent Storm works flawlessly with the MAME 2003 Plus core, whereas the sound was stuttering with the Final Burn Neo core. There really needs to be an updated Retroarch page somewhere as it's hard to get any good info out of this huge thread!
Happens here too. (fbneo Core)
You could try using the fba2012 core to see if that core performs better or stick with mame2003 :)

squibbles

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I'm having some issues with Retroarch on WiiU that I haven't seen anyone address anywhere, so hoping maybe someone here might have a solution. The other day I updated to the most recent nightly, and idiot that I am, forgot to save my config file. Since then whenever I boot Retroarch it immediately opens an on-screen keyboard interface. At the same time as this the "wiiU gamepad is configured in port 1" popup also appears and I can use the gamepad to navigate this keyboard, however as soon as I close the keyboard by pressing + I can no longer use any controller (gamepad, GC controller via official adaptor, wiimote, Wii classic controller) to navigate the Retroarch menu. Strangely, it also says I have GameCube controllers configured in ports 2 and 3, even though I only have one plugged into port 2 of the GameCube adaptor at the moment. I have deleted both retroarch.cfg and the autoconfig folder however neither have solved this issue. Any ideas where to begin?

Edit: This is embarassing because I realised the moment I hit send I hadn't attempted removing the GC adaptor. I just gave this a try, and the gamepad functionality is now performing as expected. I would assume this means Retroarch is interpreting the GameCube adaptor as a keyboard. Nonetheless this is obviously not the behaviour I'm looking for, so any help on correcting that input error would be appreciated.

Last edited by squibbles,

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi squibbles, I think what you have discovered is not the standard behaviour anyone is looking for, so It's called a Bug. Would anyone know where to report retroarch bugs? Is taken in consideration here?

Reactions: squibbles

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi squibbles, I think what you have discovered is not the standard behaviour anyone is looking for, so It's called a Bug. Would anyone know where to report retroarch bugs? Is taken in consideration here?
You can report retroarch bugs here https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues

I see someone has already reported the GC Adapter bug already but I'll leave the link there just incase anyone else wants to report bugs in the future :)

Reactions: squibbles

squibbles

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're absolutely right. My apologies for inadvertently being that guy who wants to enjoy all the fruits of the homebrew community while giving nothing back. I've actually been resisting the urge for months now and insisting on trying on finding solutions myself to problems I've been having instead of just posting and expecting someone else to do the legwork for me, so I'm honestly a little disappointed in myself for not considering to submit a bug report before posting. I submitted a report about an hour ago on the Retroarch git. Thank you for putting me straight, it was selfish of me to not contribute but still expect help.

Reactions: Zense

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have any experience using the SCUMMVM core in RetroArch for the Wii U? I'm trying to play Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo for my son and the audio and frame rates stutter pretty bad. I tried enabling the speed hacks option on retroarch but that doesn't seem to help at all. Anyone experience this and can offer some help? Thanks.

Sonicwatcher6969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've gotten myself 2 new Retro-bit controllers now; the Bluetooth Sega Mega Drive one & the 2.4ghz Sega Saturn one and I can't make either of them work with Retroarch using Hid-To-Vpad or Bloopair (wirelessly or plugged into USB) :(:(

Any suggestions or how about a simple wired USB Retro-bit Sega Mega Drive one? Though I'd rather not put more money down on yet another controller at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.