Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK! It worked perfectly in games :toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:.... But not on the menu. Maybe it's some setting I should activate?
It's not on the buildbot yet is it?

EDIT: no, not on yet :)
You'll know when its been added when.. well for one you'll be able to Control the Menu with all Controllers :P but also the All Users Control Menu option will be back in settings>Input>Menu Controls ;) (I think it will be default ON for WiiU users so no need to re-enable)

Last edited by ploggy,

willianholtz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.menteinsanabfs.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I enabled it later. And that's why I found it strange, because after yesterday's Buildot update (after our last conversation) RA started working again in the menus. I'm not at home right now, but I'm going to check out the build of the core I downloaded for this one now.

Reactions: ploggy

willianholtz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
It's out NOW!!! :D :D :D :D turns out you DO have to enable All Users Control Menu in the Settings ;)
updated here and.... I found a problem:

• It seems that now what is controlling everything is port 2. Because if I set port 1 as controller pro and port 2 as well, it works perfectly. But if I put it on port 1 for the controller and on port 2 wii u gamepad, everything stops...
  • By leaving the default ports (port 1 gamepad and port 2 pro controller), when entering the game and changing the port mapping to the pro controller, the menu stops working in the pro controller.
Anyone who has the pro controller can test this, it would be interesting to post what you think here too.

And it would be interesting to do the following test:

• set the pro controller as player 1 (port 1) and the gamepad as player 2 (port 2)
  • Set their mapping after entering a game and trying to move the RA menu
Remembering that I did this test with the current cfg and also with the new cfg

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
updated here and.... I found a problem:

• It seems that now what is controlling everything is port 2. Because if I set port 1 as controller pro and port 2 as well, it works perfectly. But if I put it on port 1 for the controller and on port 2 wii u gamepad, everything stops...
  • By leaving the default ports (port 1 gamepad and port 2 pro controller), when entering the game and changing the port mapping to the pro controller, the menu stops working in the pro controller.
Anyone who has the pro controller can test this, it would be interesting to post what you think here too.

And it would be interesting to do the following test:

• set the pro controller as player 1 (port 1) and the gamepad as player 2 (port 2)
  • Set their mapping after entering a game and trying to move the RA menu
Remembering that I did this test with the current cfg and also with the new cfg
Don't set the Pro Controller to player 1 and Gamepad to player 2. in the RA Input settings..
If you want your Pro Controller to be Player 1 and Gamepad to be Player 2, you can set that after your game has started in the Quick Menu..
Once your game as started, Open the Quick Menu, Go down to Controls, Change Port 1 Controls' Mapped Port to 2 and Port 2 Controls' Mapped Port to 1 :)
No need to mess with RA Input settings :)

willianholtz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't set the Pro Controller to player 1 and Gamepad to player 2. in the RA Input settings..
If you want your Pro Controller to be Player 1 and Gamepad to be Player 2, you can set that after your game has started in the Quick Menu..
Once your game as started, Open the Quick Menu, Go down to Controls, Change Port 1 Controls' Mapped Port to 2 and Port 2 Controls' Mapped Port to 1 :)
No need to mess with RA Input settings :)
I know, but when I do this, the "home" button on the controller doesn't work!

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
In that case you can set a Menu Combo in Settings>Input>Hotkeys>Menu Toggle Controller Combo ;)
Now ALL Controllers will be able to open the Menu
In theory, we should all be getting used to doing this anyway. In the future, if Aroma has been released and RetroArch is adapted to run in that environment, the Home button will open the Wii U Home Menu, where you can Close Software, open the Internet Browser, etc. Relying on the Home button for a core RetroArch function isn't future-proof.

PiesOfNorth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I too was not able to control the menu so now I've updated to the 11-04 nightly build, but I still can't control the menu.

All it said upon starting RA was 'setting refresh rate to 59.9whatever" and then "Wii U Gamepad in port 1".

but I cannot control the menu with the wiiu gamepad.

It's definitely not frozen, becuase the background is animated, and when i connected a wii u pro controller, it assigned it to port 2. Could not control the menu with that either.

Reactions: willianholtz

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I too was not able to control the menu so now I've updated to the 11-04 nightly build, but I still can't control the menu.

All it said upon starting RA was 'setting refresh rate to 59.9whatever" and then "Wii U Gamepad in port 1".

but I cannot control the menu with the wiiu gamepad.

It's definitely not frozen, becuase the background is animated, and when i connected a wii u pro controller, it assigned it to port 2. Could not control the menu with that either.
Try deleting your Retroarch.cfg

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In theory, we should all be getting used to doing this anyway. In the future, if Aroma has been released and RetroArch is adapted to run in that environment, the Home button will open the Wii U Home Menu, where you can Close Software, open the Internet Browser, etc. Relying on the Home button for a core RetroArch function isn't future-proof.
I have Retroarch on soo many different devices now that it's become second nature to set a Menu Combo at this point :)
I hope Aroma's coming this year.

asboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ploggy

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy You would not happen to have the Cursor Button Mapped I mentioned in my previous post.
I cant seem to find anything on the Mappings only TouchScreen Fire Button.

The Cursor Button changes Bombs and Items via BattleClash and Falcons Revenge.
I think it was used as Machine Gun in T2 Arcade.

SNES JoyPad Port 1
SuperScope Port 2
SNE9XCurrent Core

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy You would not happen to have the Cursor Button Mapped I mentioned in my previous post.
I cant seem to find anything on the Mappings only TouchScreen Fire Button.

The Cursor Button changes Bombs and Items via BattleClash and Falcons Revenge.
I think it was used as Machine Gun in T2 Arcade.

SNES JoyPad Port 1
SuperScope Port 2
SNE9XCurrent Core
I haven't been able to map the Cursor button either, there are no mapping options when I switch Controller type to Super Scope :P

Reactions: CORE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [cricket sounds]