WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are a few reasons but the big ones are:

Lack of Dynarec
Lack of anyone that has the ability to do it willing to it :P
There no compatible Graphics renderer (Mupen uses opengl, something the WiiU doesn't have)

I maybe wrong but it would be easier to port the Wii Mupen Emulator to WiiU than get the RA Mupen Core running on WiiU?

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can use the wii n64 emulators on wiiu with overclock, which runs everygame preety great the ones that work that is which is alot.
Agree. And for those who want N64 on Wii U there are already many possibilities:

- 'Get' games released officially from eShop
- Use N64 rom injector
- Use Wii64
- Use Not64

Each method has its own pros and cons. No method is 100% perfect.
I'd recommend if your game is already released on eShop, just get that version.

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: fmhugo

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to launch a specific rom when launching RA?

I would like to have icons on the home screen for each game, it's not a big deal for N64 or SNES (or NES) since I can just inject with VC, but there is no VC for Sega consoles on WiiU.
My current workaround is to use a vWii Sega emulator that supports direct rom launching, create a forwarder dol that launches that specific emulator/rom and then create a custom WUP package to launch the vWii homebrew. But that involves the system booting into vWii mode and is a little convoluted to setup.

upsteady

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
hello friends, I use Wii U Retro Ultimate V2.0. I want to use my dualshock 4 v1 with retroarch. When I launch hid to vpad first, retroarch does not open. what can I do about that? how can i run ds4 with retroarch? sorry for my bad English.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anyway to launch a specific rom when launching RA?

I would like to have icons on the home screen for each game, it's not a big deal for N64 or SNES (or NES) since I can just inject with VC, but there is no VC for Sega consoles on WiiU.
My current workaround is to use a vWii Sega emulator that supports direct rom launching, create a forwarder dol that launches that specific emulator/rom and then create a custom WUP package to launch the vWii homebrew. But that involves the system booting into vWii mode and is a little convoluted to setup.
There's no way to do that currently.. I too would love for RA forwarders to be a thing :)

SiQnel62

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I have issues. I trying to running a pcsx rearmed core on Wii u RA, but in the moment for load a CHD or iso archive of a PSX game, the core not showing (already have on the SD :/).

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I have issues. I trying to running a pcsx rearmed core on Wii u RA, but in the moment for load a CHD or iso archive of a PSX game, the core not showing (already have on the SD :/).
you need to remove the core cache (retroarch\cores\info\core_info.cache) and let RA generate a new one, or you may have a missing info file for the pcsx core, but i don't think this is necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup