Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People have mentioned that they got PSX to work, but I can't even get a game to boot-- help?

So far, only the RPX version of the PSX works, but it only runs on the interpreter core until a dynamic core can be written. So, it runs at half speed for the time being. You'll need the SCPH5001 BIOS for NTSC.

ZildjianMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you by any chance use anything else but ''load rom'' when loading ...um roms ? (i cant remember the exact term now but i think its collections or something, that crashes all my cores for some reason)

I believe I'm selecting "Load Content" and then navigating to the Folder I created for MAME Roms. I'll take another look on there and see if there's an option to load anything else :)

1-yes
2-yes dont change them.

Thank you! I'll be sure to leave all of my downloaded roms completely intact with their original file names.

Geez, I forgot how annoying MAME emulation was -

a. Different romsets depending on the version of MAME being used.
b. Some games need a BIOS file, some don't.
c. Parent/Child Roms.

To be fair, I've only actually tried (3) games with no luck - Mortal Kombat I, Super Street Fighter II, and The Simpsons 4-Player. I also tried deleting RetroArch's CFG files with no luck. Each time I get either a DSI Exception (MAME 2003) or just an empty black screen (MAME 2003 Midway) with all 3 ROMS.

Any other ideas?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

**** UPDATE: It works! I tried downloading a new rom (TMNT: Turtles in Time) from a different source and it booted up fine. Guess it just took some trial and error :)

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I'm selecting "Load Content" and then navigating to the Folder I created for MAME Roms. I'll take another look on there and see if there's an option to load anything else :)

Thank you! I'll be sure to leave all of my downloaded roms completely intact with their original file names.

Geez, I forgot how annoying MAME emulation was -

a. Different romsets depending on the version of MAME being used.
b. Some games need a BIOS file, some don't.
c. Parent/Child Roms.

To be fair, I've only actually tried (3) games with no luck - Mortal Kombat I, Super Street Fighter II, and The Simpsons 4-Player. I also tried deleting RetroArch's CFG files with no luck. Each time I get either a DSI Exception (MAME 2003) or just an empty black screen (MAME 2003 Midway) with all 3 ROMS.

Any other ideas?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

**** UPDATE: It works! I tried downloading a new rom (TMNT: Turtles in Time) from a different source and it booted up fine. Guess it just took some trial and error :)

Hey man, I got many roms to work with the FBA Rpx file. TMNT and Simpsons to name a couple.

AriaHiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats probably not a good way to cooperate as a community but if you can make it work than who am i to judge, and sadly a lot of new zelda64 modders do the same thing.
*edit then again gbatemp hasnt been split apart and thoroughly sodomized over the past decade like the zelda64 community has

Last edited by AriaHiro,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a few extra core's I managed to compile the other day while messing around :) Some work fine.. Some not so much ;)

Working:
Snes9x2005 (Some graphic bugs)
Game And Watch (Hasn't been in the Buildbot for a while) :)
blueMSX (No Quick Save/Load)
Stella (Atari2600 YAY!, No Quick Save/Load)
VBA Next (Works fine as far as I can tell) :)
Vectrex (Works fine as far as I can tell) :)

Not Working:
Handy (LYNX, Wont load a game) :(

http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/TiZjeMzx/file.html

Note: I cant code a sausage, all I managed to do was figure out how to compile what was already there. This is as far as my skill goes ;)

Have fun.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Here's a few extra core's I managed to compile the other day while messing around :) Some work fine.. Some not so much ;)

Working:

Not Working:

Note: I cant code a sausage, all I managed to do was figure out how to compile what was already there. This is as far as my skill goes ;)

Have fun.
Omg dude yes! I wanted stella so bad!

As for Snes9x2005, no offence but this older/obsolete core is only good for potatoes like 3ds and Psvita, since 2010/ 1.53 both work fine on WiiU :P

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Omg dude yes! I wanted stella so bad!

As for Snes9x2005, no offence but this older/obsolete core is only good for potatoes like 3ds and Psvita, since 2010/ 1.53 both work fine on WiiU :P
lol. it just compiled with the others, so I packed it in. :)

Reactions: VinsCool

AriaHiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Working:

Not Working:

Have fun.
game devs must have an easy time porting indie games if all it takes is a raw compile.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
lol. it just compiled with the others, so I packed it in. :)
Well actually that may be a good thing, since some older SMW romhacks rely on emulation flaws, especially custom music stuff. It might be useful after all :P

Reactions: ploggy and AriaHiro

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But again, I don't want to make assumptions on what the team is gonna do, I'd think implementing a better filesystem would be more vital, to reduce the loading times on ROM folder loading :P
IIRC, it should be easy to implement libfat in theory. If i knew more about coding, i would try adding it in myself...

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But again, I don't want to make assumptions on what the team is gonna do, I'd think implementing a better filesystem would be more vital, to reduce the loading times on ROM folder loading :P

IIRC, it should be easy to implement libfat in theory. If i knew more about coding, i would try adding it in myself...

TBH thats why I set retroarch up on my end, to see if I could do it..... I couldn't LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did