QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Its slow and it runs in interper mode.
Interpreter* mode
As far as PS1 emulation goes, what is this? http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/mednafen_psx_libretro

Is there a huge downside I'm not seeing?
The core does load games and such, but it does so at such low fps due to the fact that the core only works in interpreter mode.
To get better performance, a PowerPC-specific dynarec is required for said core, so that it can use that mode instead of pure interpreter.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@the_randomizer no actually I think that the nightlies from 12:24 are already the ones with the newest commit, the commit was made about an hour ago, and it's just 13:04 where I live, so maybe they are ready already.

Hmm, no idea, I don't know what time these compile (time zone) compared to where I live; my time zone is GMT -7, or MST, so maybe they've been compiled already? Will test them for sure ^_^

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: the_randomizer

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Since my last cores report, i haven't seen another one. Are all Retroarch cores working, currently? Haven't touched my setup since 11-18 which works perfect for the most part, so i'm curious if it's worth upgrading, if the previous errors were improved.

Jesus H... can't you people just be content with what you've got to play with at the moment?? (not aiming that only at you of course) Alias, FIX and the rest have done a wonderful job giving us a good selection of consoles to play with, yet all I'm seeing from the select/usual gang is 'We want PSX nao!!', and 'We want better loading times yesterday' etc..
Someone then spends xxx time building a dynarec, releases it, and the day after you'll all be screaming for better compatibility, then N64, or PSP, or DC (delete any of those consoles when done and there's 2 left - release all 3 and you'll be onto the Saturn/3DO then!)

Alias has brought RA over to the Wii U, his comment was most likely simply to reiterate that - it didn't make the prospect of a working dynarec any less 'good sounding' - that is simply a job for someone else...
....just enjoy the thousands of games we can already play thanks to these guys and let them work their magic in their own time...;)
You'll get to see it personally when that time arrives: x game doesn't run, more speed, more filters, better gui, etc.

Last edited by niuus,

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Ball Z2 goes insanely fast on MAME. Is there a way to fix that? .__.
oh and yea i see that the timer goes really fast, but the gameplay seems like its at normal speed. check this video out if u look at it running on mame on pc it runs exactly the same, so i think thats just how the game is. either way, it isnt a retroarch issue.

AriaHiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will i get banned for linking n64 sdk documentation? just for those who would want it? you would still need the actual libraries from the official sdk to make sense of it.

Last edited by AriaHiro,

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did some testing with the fba core and the mame2003 core. Here are some issues I've run into, can anyone verify some of these? The more the better. Just lemme know if you had the same issues or got them working where they didn't work for me. Thanks.

FBA

not working at all:

bonks adventure arcade - doesnt work in fba or mame2003
----------------------------

sega Y board games: broken grafx(looks like it went through a paper shreader)

galaxy force 2 - also has joystick issues, and i cant seem to shoot
g-loc - same joystick issues as galaxy force 2, but you can shoot
power drift - just the shreaded grafx
strike fighter - same as g-loc

super monaco gp - broken grafx
night striker - same joystick issues as g-loc, some grafx glitches, doesnt work in mame

MAME

dbz2 - has minor grafx glitches
lucky and wild - cant aim to fire. some grafx glitches
mk2-3 - works perfect but has low volume
ninja baseball batman - bad audio, some grafx glitches
primal rage - loads, way too slow(probably will never be fullspeed), has some grafx glitches
mk3u - runs great, has minor grafx glitches
crusnusa - asks to hit enter key to proceed, cant assign key though
sonic arcade - suggest trying "sonicp" rom instead, which crashes mame
-----------------------------

system 32: not loading at all(maybe mame2003 doesnt support system32/multi32?)

alien3
dbzvrvs
ga2
gaxeduel
rad mobile
rad rally

system multi 32: not loading

outrunners

konami gx hardware: not loading

Salamander2

I hate to bump my own post, especially a large one, but can anyone verify any of these? alien3 and rad rally for instance are supposed to work for sure, and i have the correct set, but cannot get them to work. system32 is supported but im having no luck. any help is appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hear voices now