1. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I read I just rename the assets master zip folder to assets and drag it into the retroarch folder and it’s good to go but that didn’t work. That’s where assets usually went I thought?

2. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO
    Developer

Mexico
    I don't recall, I think the folder changes in the WiiU version.
    Change the directory manually through the settings.

Powerful likes this.
  3. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay I’ll try to do that then. You’re right Wii U is different and is in media for some reason. I changed it to SD and now it works. Thank you

Last edited by Powerful, Sep 19, 2020
    ShadowOne333 likes this.
  4. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO
    Developer

Mexico
    Awesome, glad it's working now :)

5. WildStriker101

Newcomer

Costa Rica
    I wish that Retroarch allow me to keep active others apps homebrew like swap drc lite for to turn off the screen in my Wii U Gamepad.
    It will can to be possible?
    And yes, i used the Wii U Plugin System App and not works, crash wii u :sad:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Deseo que Retroarch me permita mantener activas otras aplicaciones caseras como swap drc lite para apagar la pantalla de mi Wii U Gamepad.
    ¿Será posible?
    Y sí, utilicé la aplicación del sistema de complementos de Wii U y no funciona, falla wii u :triste:

Last edited by WildStriker101, Oct 1, 2020
  6. slimpyman

slimpyman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    so i was using a non stable for awhile, and i updated to latest stable and Im having problems with the wiiu gamepad thumbstick buttons not registering input. i deleted my cfg and started back up, and the thumbsticks dont read any input (im trying to assign something, click the thumbsticks and act like there was no input.

can someone suggest a "stable" build that works pretty well from own experience? I know the last one i was using that worked well was probably one from june but cannot recall exactly.

anyway, i just read previous few pages and im going to assume the controller driver thats jacked up in 1.9 is the culprit. ill try the 1.8.9 unless someone knows if any of the nightly nailed down the controller driver issues

ALSO, does anyone try any gb color games? it seems for some reason the color palette is totally jacked, and I remember previous maybe 1.7 or so the colors were ok. i think its rendering improperly, and tried the only 2 cores that work, and its jacked.

Last edited by slimpyman, Oct 2, 2020
  7. cugel

cugel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The GB cores probably have palette options. Open the quick menu, then go down to options. That should be options specific to the core you are running.

8. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    When I connect my Dualshock 3 it is automatically configured for port 2, however when I try to configure for port 1 the retroarch crashes. Any way to fix this ?

9. ChiefReginod

ChiefReginod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just a tip for anyone trying to run this on a CRT TV... If RetroArch doesn't fill the entire screen try going into the Wii U display settings and set the aspect ratio to 16:9. For some reason 4:3 didn't work out on my screen but 16:9 was perfect. I had to mess around with Scaling options but got it to look close to original hardware. I've never been more excited to see the waterfall transparency in Sonic 1. :P

depaul likes this.
  10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Been gone a few months from this thread, so are there any new progress reports? Still no playstation emulation? Or any new emulator update features? Faster loading times? :)

Also just curious, if anyone took my idea of adding a feature to enable FTP in retroarch. (So that you can add roms to the HDD and not need to switch to FTPII U evertime you want to test roms or whatnot) :ninja:

11. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Laos
    i'm surprised why retroarch on wii u is missing the PSX core & has been so for a very long time !!?

12. hug0-a7x

Brazil
    Yes. :/ Hope comes one day. N64 too.

13. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Laos
    we hope, psx games are the best

hug0-a7x likes this.
  14. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

@satel For full-speed PlayStation emulation on a system with the specifications of the Wii (relatively low CPU clock speed), you need a dynamic recompiler converting the code into native PPC assembly in real time. There are currently no PSX emulators in RetroArch which have a PPC dynarec running on Wii U, which is why there are no PSX cores for Wii U.

There is an unclaimed US$400 bounty for a PPC dynarec to be added to a PSX emulator for the Wii U; short of developing it yourself, donating to this bounty is probably the best way to help make it happen.

The lightrec recompiler by pcercuei and ZachCook does include support for PPC, and has been ported to Beetle PSX, so at this point somebody with the interest, ability, and desire for a cut of that $400 would need to do the work to get it hooked up on Wii U, and it should finally be possible to build a working PSX core for Wii U.

september796, Flame and hug0-a7x like this.
  15. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Okay guys, progress report, how much improvements have we made on this system? Better performance? Faster load times? FTP accessible within retroarch? Anything worth mentioning? I'm dying to know since I last checked months ago. :)

16. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    september796 likes this.
  17. MartinDafux

MartinDafux Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    Hello friend, I speak Spanish, please can you send me a message to the dm, I need

18. ChinoyPepino

ChinoyPepino Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Can someone DM me a link where I can download Wii U retroarch shaders that actually work ? after I updated Retroarch the shaders are no longer working.

hug0-a7x likes this.
  19. hug0-a7x

Brazil
    Can i play 32X games ?

20. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    No, not atm anyway. Picodrive isn't ported to WiiU we only have Genesis plus which supports Genesis and Sega CD.

hug0-a7x likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Retroarch,