Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you using the latest nightly?
If so, which bundle?
The .elf or .rpx one?
You should be using the RPX bundle.

lastest rpx bundle through the retroarch channel, it worked with old builds but for some reason now im getting the dsi error with all the cores

FB alpha:everytime in the 2012 and the normal version
Mame:only the 2003 version works but like 10% of the times
Snes:random fails, it basically works like 80% of the times using the snes9x version (i haven't tried the other versions)
VBA:this is the most stable during launch but it can fail during 50 min - 1:30 hours of gameplay
Nes:no problems here

Slaminger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.battleaxewarriors.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to figure out how one makes the rpx file for the cores but can't find much info. The dll files from retroarch are encrypted or hexcoded, but the rpx looks like binary code. The kind of stuff i see in Sega and Nintendo eprom dumps for games. Did you convert it somehow? If I can figure out how the op does this I'll try to port it myself. Perhaps you can just teach me how and I can help you? I'm a software developer, and I work on emulators for retro pie on the tinkerboard, which is debian Linux .

Last edited by Slaminger,

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I succesfully make shortcuts for a game like Castlevania X Rondo of Blood on my lists?

Everything else works but this one is not loading.

Do I reference the bin or cue?

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is following the guide in OP still the correct way to set this up?

I just set this up and it's working. Here's what I did.

1. Downloaded: https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/2019-01-01_RetroArch_rpx.7z
2. I extracted the "retroarch" folder within the root of the zip to the root of the SD card. (You may not need to include the items in the "cores" subfolder but I did it anyway.)
3. I then extracted from the ZIP to SD card: ZIP:\wiiu\apps\retroarch\ to SD:\wiiu\apps\retroarch\ (I didn't bother with the many other folders.)
4. After opening the RetroArch app on WiiU through homebrew, I went through and updated the various options available (such as 'assets')
5. From there, the SNES core I tried was working fine.

There is probably a better way to do it, but this worked for me.

Last edited by cyb0rg,

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not enough memory

The Wii U has plenty of Memory 2GB Yes I read somewhere that only 1GB is allocated to Games etc and the rest is System related but even still there is more than enough besides that extra RAM can be accessed via Homebrew anyway im sure things is still early days Homebrew on Wii U.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U has plenty of Memory 2GB Yes I read somewhere that only 1GB is allocated to Games etc and the rest is System related but even still there is more than enough besides that extra RAM can be accessed via Homebrew anyway im sure things is still early days Homebrew on Wii U.

Doesn't help that many devs have jumped ship to Switch.

Reactions: CORE

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

It would be a single 200+MB binary.
Also assuming that's not a problem, current era MAME requires C++14 IIRC I don't think the homebrew toolchain has that

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Radius4 We do have a new toolchain in the works as I said even though Homebrew has been going for awhile it is still early days but it is also true what @the_randomizer said again and again and yet again time again and again lol.

I see ur point the Binary size is too excessive but a bit of a rewrite would be in order but by who I guess.

Hopefully though regarding RetroArch atleast in future more Cores will be ported
it just X86 and Arm the target platforms for say optimum performance then everything else comes next.

Last edited by CORE,
Reactions: the_randomizer
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
It would be a single 200+MB binary.
Also assuming that's not a problem, current era MAME requires C++14 IIRC I don't think the homebrew toolchain has that
The latest devkitPPC runs on gcc 8.1, so C++14 should be doable. Last I checked RetroArch has a zip somewhere with an older devkitPPC though, so that leaves things up in their air a little. I'd be reluctant to poke that bear though - it seems to work okay right now, and once wut gets together most of the build system would be slated for a date with the nearest window anyway.
(I'm not allowed to work on any apps using make until this is done, so that's why I'm only talking at the moment. now, if y'all wanna use cmake...)

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
That's cool.
That said I don't want to imagine the buildtime :P, the buildbot takes roughly 1 hour per commit to build wiiu due to elf2rpl (or something like that I don't remember) being so slow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night