Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had a chance to test the new nightly's with the new Netplay updates.. The WiiU can connect to Switch when its set as host pretty consistently with the Fceumm core but I cant connect my Switch to WiiU when the WiiU's set as host?
When it does connect though it's perfect, no lag, no stuttering, but I bet being in the same network helps ALOT :P

So far I havent been able to get FBA to work and snes is far too slow, Snes2010 and Snes9x are the only Snes core on Switch atm. perhaps it would be faster with Snes9x2002 or 2005, I'll have to see if any of the Switch Emu Devs are willing to compile them on Switch :P

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmm perhaps something's borked with either RetroArch, the assets folder or with the configuration files.
I'd recommend you do one of the following things (or all of them in order if one fails):
  • First and foremost, update all of your current cores and setup to the latest nightly found in http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/
  • Once updated, try using the Online Updater and try to download the "assets" package through there.
    One thing worth noting though, I heard that there's an issue with the online updater on Wii U which makes the assets folder to get stuck at 30% and then start the download over again.
    Let it do this for 2-3 times, and then reboot the Wii U.
  • Once that is done, be sure to go to Settings -> Directories and establish the Path to the Assets folder as /retroarch/media/assets.
    If you already had it like that, change it to /retroarch/media/, then save and reboot RA, and set it back up again to make sure the .cfg file is updated properly.
  • If all else fails, as Ploggy said, I recommend that you delete the .cfg file to ensure you are running something as close as a clean install is related
This should get you back on track, if you are still experiencing issues with the assets after this, be sure to let us know.

My assets work :v I don't have a problem

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, some new developments! Thank @gblues for all this work so far!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Had a chance to test the new nightly's with the new Netplay updates.. The WiiU can connect to Switch when its set as host pretty consistently with the Fceumm core but I cant connect my Switch to WiiU when the WiiU's set as host?
When it does connect though it's perfect, no lag, no stuttering, but I bet being in the same network helps ALOT :P

So far I havent been able to get FBA to work and snes is far too slow, Snes2010 and Snes9x are the only Snes core on Switch atm. perhaps it would be faster with Snes9x2002 or 2005, I'll have to see if any of the Switch Emu Devs are willing to compile them on Switch :P

Interesting, can you talk with us about this on our Discord?

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello a noob question, may I use Retroarch Channel and throw the HBL at the same time, or should I use just one of them? I mean, perhaps today I use the channel and for some reason tomorrow I use throw the HBL.

Last edited by BoxNinPlay,

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I need to ask you guys a favor once the next nightlies roll off the presses -

We need to see if netplay rooms work on WiiU.

Try this once the nightlies are ready:
1) Start a netplay room on another device (could be anything from RetroArch Android to RetroArch PC, doesn't matter - something that is on your LAN).
2) Then go to RetroArch WiiU and see if you can find the room, and connect to it.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just to clarify
LAN rooms are clearly identified, like this.

upload_2018-10-11_20-47-10.png

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your hard work guys. Sure I will test later my Wii U and my Android phone :)

Edit: Thanks Netplay worked!
-Used the latest Nightly (12/10/2018)
-Used the game "Street Fighter 2 - World Warriors" (SNES), with core SNES9X
-Used my android phone as a host, noted my IP
-Connected to that IP with my Wii U, and my Wii U immediately displayed game screen and I was able to challenge as Player 2
There are just some minor network lag.

Last edited by depaul,

MrFloyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,
is there some how-to to get Amiga core working on Wii U?
I have put those(guide from libretro-uae on github):
To use disk and WHDLoad games with this core you'll need the following kickstart roms, rename them to the given name and copy the file to RetroArch system directory.

It is critical to use kickstarts with the right MD5, otherwise the core might not start.

Name Description System MD5
kick34005.A500 Kickstart v1.3 (Rev. 34.005) Amiga 500 82a21c1890cae844b3df741f2762d48d
kick40063.A600 Kickstart v3.1 (Rev. 40.063) Amiga 600 e40a5dfb3d017ba8779faba30cbd1c8e
kick40068.A1200 Kickstart v3.1 (Rev. 40.068) Amiga 1200 646773759326fbac3b2311fd8c8793ee

into system folder, but Retroarch freezes with black screen after loading core.
If there is some tutorial i will be gratefull.....

Last edited by MrFloyd,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Question - can any of you reproduce this issue with the current nightlies?

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/7279

or are things fine now?
I've always had that problem too.
I'm not sure why that is.

Though I can't say if the latest nightlies have that problem, since I haven't tested downloading withe most reent ones (from a week up to today that is).
If someone else can confirm that with the latest nightlies, please be sure to mention it!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question - can any of you reproduce this issue with the current nightlies?

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/7279

or are things fine now?

I've always had that problem too.
I'm not sure why that is.

Though I can't say if the latest nightlies have that problem, since I haven't tested downloading withe most reent ones (from a week up to today that is).
If someone else can confirm that with the latest nightlies, please be sure to mention it!

Just finished downloading the latest nightlies and timed downloading the FBA Core with the Online Updater on both WiiU and Switch...
WiiU (Downloading FBA Core) = 3 Mins
Switch (Downloading FBA Core) = 13 Secs

Lol, quite the difference..

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks unfortunately I'm trying the nightlies OCT-14, downloading "Assets" still takes too long.
It's been almost 15 min and I'm still at 50%.

My Wifi bandwidth is fairly fast, almost 5 MByte/s.

Last edited by depaul,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on