Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
It is ridiculously slow, to the point that if I try and download assets, it times out and stops the two times I tried it on the wiiu. Had to copy over to SD card from PC.

I've been able to download the assets from the WiiU just fine so there's an issue in your end

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes that's an interesting theory, I've seen somewhere that there is a huge difference between WiiU/Switch SD card Slot specifications.
So SD card slot could be the culprit.

Edit : Hello again. There was a benchmark already done on SD card speed on Wii U.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-wii-u-sd-benchmark-utility.426647/
Wii U reading speed from SD can reach 9 MB/s. So SD card slot may not be the culprit!

Last edited by depaul,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes that's an interesting theory, I've seen somewhere that there is a huge difference between WiiU/Switch SD card Slot specifications.
So SD card slot could be the culprit.

Edit : Hello again. There was a benchmark already done on SD card speed on Wii U.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-wii-u-sd-benchmark-utility.426647/
Wii U reading speed from SD can reach 9 MB/s. So SD card slot may not be the culprit!
Still though, if the SD card slot from the Wii U reached 9MB/s, it should take tops 40 seconds to download it, not 30 mins.
There's is something weird going on with the download/read speeds from the Wii U.

One thing...
Has anyone tried running some CFW like Mocha, and running the download again?
I know this helps some cores and games to run better (MSU-1 games do run smoothly with Mocha, but not on OFW).
So perhaps it's worth the try

Reactions: depaul

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
General FTP to my WiiU I get 1MB to 1.5MB with and without Mocha that seems pretty accurate to that post something must be off regarding Net Code surely?

Last edited by CORE,

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When RetroArch loads a new Core does the GUI get dumped out of RAM and the Core loaded have it's own Mini GUI then when you close the Core revert back to the Main GUI.

In other words how much of an impact does RetroArchs GUI have on resources CPU,GPU,RAM. I guess it still lingers in background or is it like I said above?

MainLauncher/RAMClear>Core/RAMClear>MainLauncher.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. Can we transfer Retroarch cores to USB storage via FTP?
2) Can we transfer Retroarch Rom files to USB storage via FTP?
3) Can we access/load Retroarch cores from USB storage?

Because a lot of users have noticed somehow slow access via SD card while loading cores and roms (Wii U SD interface is old).. so using USB instead would be faster.

@Malefic_weegee maybe your best bet is to delete Retroarch settings and launch it again with default settings.

Last edited by depaul,

Gunstorm

xD
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Brazil
is i got 2 questions
1st my retroarch on 1.7.5 is auto booting on a new menu style but it just show the icons and no text... i cant use that menu then i need to manually adjust the menu on retroarch.cfg back to the xmb ... how to use that new menu?

2nd anyone had sucess to play pc engine games on wiiu? i tryed but without sucess, im trying running this with the genesisgx core

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: