AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im pretty new to this ! put it on my wii u just now in fact ........ is there a way to get thumbnail icons ? and if so teach me me the way please .. & would it take long i have god awful internet today
On the very first post of this thread it tells you how to use thumbnail icons. Its in the section called lists

Reactions: SuperDan

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty new to this ! put it on my wii u just now in fact ........ is there a way to get thumbnail icons ? and if so teach me me the way please .. & would it take long i have god awful internet today

Just name them to match your roms. Then in the settings make sure to set the directory to their location. No intro romsets should match names of the ones u can dl from Retroarch github

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@rioray hi mate, hows developments going? Haven't heard from you in a while? :P
Hi mate,

Yes i am little off this scene these days.
But always keep an eye here.

Im working on 2/3 projects .
2 are more targeting PC(dosbox-x and pcem) but the third should fit fine on the wii u (zelda nsq).

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi mate,

Yes i am little off this scene these days.
But always keep an eye here.

Im working on 2/3 projects .
2 are more targeting PC(dosbox-x and pcem) but the third should fit fine on the wii u (zelda nsq).
Zelda Navi's Quest? Cool, aren't those part of a trilogy? I remember playing them on the PSP years ago :) It would be good to blast through them again ;)
Hows work on the SDL Vice going? Is it close to being finished?

Reactions: cucholix

ChinoyPepino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all I would like to thank all the developers who are working on the Wii U retroarch port, Wii U is my fav system wish I play everyday. My question is regarding the shaders, I've been trying to use caligari.slangp on retroarch and its not loading, is this feature still under development? or is there a way for the Wii U to load the shader ? Many Thanks.

Last edited by ChinoyPepino,

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
We can't distribute the WiiU shader pack for legal reasons.
You may have the SLANG files but not the pre-compiled shaders required to use them.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
So after a long time lurking, I installed RA on WiiU.

WOW.

The input lag, this is a revelation.
The tipical staircase in SMB1 that always feels clunky on PC/Android in every emulator is piece of cake here.

Based @aliaspider.

The only thing I'd like is to be able to change resolution on the fly to 480p for use with the gamepad only (downsampling from 1080p screws up the shaders).
I saw some tool by @FIX94 that changes resolution, Some day I'll see if something like that can be integrated (with an easy toggle for gamepad | tv | both).

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So after a long time lurking, I installed RA on WiiU.

WOW.

The input lag, this is a revelation.
The tipical staircase in SMB1 that always feels clunky on PC/Android in every emulator is piece of cake here.

Based @aliaspider.

The only thing I'd like is to be able to change resolution on the fly to 480p for use with the gamepad only (downsampling from 1080p screws up the shaders).
I saw some tool by @FIX94 that changes resolution, Some day I'll see if something like that can be integrated (with an easy toggle for gamepad | tv | both).
Late to the party eh? :P You can see why we love the WiiU port so much ;)

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I've been a little away from this topic .
I would like to know which version of retroarch is the most stable (version and date) to be loaded from the homebrew launcher.
I currently use version 1.4.1 and it is very stable
Thank you very much: D

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been a little away from this topic .
I would like to know which version of retroarch is the most stable (version and date) to be loaded from the homebrew launcher.
I currently use version 1.4.1 and it is very stable
Thank you very much: D
Just take 1.7.1 and be happy. :)
Of course you'd have to delete your config file.

Edit: 1.4.1 was before the XMB gui, right?
So I'd recommend you to start over installing it completely fresh by following the first post here.

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: Edu64

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Just take 1.7.1 and be happy. :)
Of course you'd have to delete your config file.

Edit: 1.4.1 was before the XMB gui, right?
So I'd recommend you to start over installing it completely fresh by following the first post here.
yes, version 1.4.1 did not have this new interface
I have not had any problems with that version, I will try the most recent one to see the new thing that it has and to check if some type of error happens.
Thank you

THEMIGHTYMONARCH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am attempting to compile the shaders on Windows 10 with GNUmake with no avail. Can someone explain what to do with the makefile, or how to run it with make?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn