Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be up to him if I used his artwork or not, but I'm really just waiting on verification that everyone really wants this and everyone is happy with the icons and splash screens before I make this release official. It will at least get us by until there is a main app made that contains all the cores. I'm waiting for an official one from Retroarch to be made with whatever they have planned.
Its completely fine to use my meta but they are really just the assets of retroarch (xmb's retroactive (not content) for icon with the backgroud color of the splash from here)
I'm also fine with making the rest for you too.

Last edited by xtheman,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Its completely fine to use my meta but they are really just the assets of retroarch (xmb's retroactive (not content) for icon with the backgroud color of the splash from here)
I'm also fine with making the rest for you too.
Oh, those are kind of cool, I can make the tgas from those, that's no problem. My only problem now is deciding on good boot sounds for each system. I already found a good one for the SNES. I need to find some good ones for the other systems now. A 10 second boot sound is about the perfect length too.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ShadowOne333

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I think I've finally got a final version, everybody look at this and see if this is what you want - http://www.mediafire.com/file/oxa3evq3486vpay/Libretro_SNES9x.7z

BTW, I replaced the core with the same one they released under 1.4.0 here - https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.4.0/nintendo/
I didn't see the meta files (time to sleep), but I want to put the "WiiU" logo on the right of "RetroArch". Why? Because I love this port over the other ones and it had an special developement and support, so it deserves to be officially named as "RetroArch WiiU" :')

Reactions: the_randomizer

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: brienj

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Then make a GitHub report?
My first report got closed once because supposely it wasn't a RA issue but a core issue, I opened a new one but I don't have too much hope for a fix xD. IDK my experience in the Github hasn't been all good :unsure:

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/4505

EDIT: Can you check if the PC or other platform have the same problem? We could make a case if it's isolated issue on Wii U.

Last edited by cucholix,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first report got closed once because supposely it wasn't a RA issue but a core issue, I opened a new one but I don't have too much hope for a fix xD. IDK my experience in the Github hasn't been all good :unsure:

That is weird, very weird, failing that, you can try posting it on a thread on the Libretro forums. I don't know why they have a core or why they ported a core over if it doesn't work.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: Can you check if the PC or other platform have the same problem? We could make a case if it's isolated issue on Wii U.
But is it an issue with Retroarch itself, or a problem with the core? Did an older Retroarch work, or was it an older core? You have to determine if the problem is in the core or not, and post the issue accordingly.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But is it an issue with Retroarch itself, or a problem with the core? Did an older Retroarch work, or was it an older core? You have to determine if the problem is in the core or not, and post the issue accordingly.

That might explain the report's deletion, if one can narrow down by testing different version builds, well, yeah..

maiquinhofalkao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can anyone get me a question to run sega cd do i have to rename the bios to some specific name? Which bios version to use. Thank you very much in advance

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The issue with TyrQuake wasn't present until the recent 1.4.0 updates.
Before it worked out without a problem, but the 1.4.0 refuses to open any .pak file, the core simply goes to a black screen very quickly then goes back to the menu, kind of what happened when you didn't have a BIOS file I think.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before it worked out without a problem, but the 1.4.0 refuses to open any .pak file, the core simply goes to a black screen very quickly then goes back to the menu, kind of what happened when you didn't have a BIOS file I think.

Then that needs to be clarified in the GitHub report, and possibly when the builds stopped working. They'll need more info.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes that's the problem I have as well worked fine on 1.3.6 but black screens on 1.4. it worked on every nightly until the first version of 1.4 came out and has not worked since

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee