brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just checked and the core was updated on Dec. 20th. Are you sure you had tried a build after Dec 20th that worked?

I know the appstore had Dec. 17th, until they were all updated to include the multi-controller support. ;)

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the best thing to do to try to solve the quake problem, is to build a core version prior to Dec. 20th, and link it to the new Retroarch version, and see if the problem persists or not. I have no way to test these builds though at the moment. I guess I could locate everything needed to use it and test, unless someone else can compile all of this and test it out, before I can. If we can prove the problem is not in the core, then they can fix the issue in the main repo. If the problem is in the core, then we can post the issue there.

BTW, to all people that compile Retroarch, you now need DevKitPPC r29 in order to compile the newest build. DevKitPPC r29 will however break some other things you may already have. Just a warning to you.

Last edited by brienj,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I think the best thing to do to try to solve the quake problem, is to build a core version prior to Dec. 20th, and link it to the new Retroarch version, and see if the problem persists or not. I have no way to test these builds though at the moment. I guess I could locate everything needed to use it and test, unless someone else can compile all of this and test it out, before I can. If we can prove the problem is not in the core, then they can fix the issue in the main repo. If the problem is in the core, then we can post the issue there.

BTW, to all people that compile Retroarch, you now need DevKitPPC r29 in order to compile the newest build. DevKitPPC r29 will however break some other things you may already have. Just a warning to you.
I have a working copy of Tyrquake, but I'm not sure what date it's from, not sure if that would help. User roflcopter777 from github needs to narrow the version where it stopped working.

Testing 1.3.6 - TyrQuake v0.62, according the file it was modified las time november 23 ‏‎7:24:24 it's working on my end. I attached it

Attachments

• tyrquake_libretro.rar
    747.9 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: Yiffna

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a working copy of Tyrquake, but I'm not sure what date it's from, not sure if that would help. User roflcopter777 from github needs to narrow the version where it stopped working.

Testing 1.3.6 - TyrQuake v0.62, according the file it was modified las time november 23 ‏‎7:24:24 it's working on my end. I attached it
Well if it was working on a build from November 23, then the problem could just as easily be from the core itself, because the core has been updated several times since then. I think the best place to report the issue would be on the core itself, then they can determine where the problem is coming from.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well if it was working on a build from November 23, then the problem could just as easily be from the core itself, because the core has been updated several times since then. I think the best place to report the issue would be on the core itself, then they can determine where the problem is coming from.
The one ploggy posted is from ‎december 3rd ‏‎19:00:40, is also working on my end too.

I suck at navigating github lol, can you point me out the link where the core issues go?

Last edited by cucholix,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dear Retroarch team: It would be great if you could please fix the DSI EXCEPTION error. I get it every time I try to launch a game for the second time.

Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.