Homebrew RetroArch Wii - Updated cores and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would pay a million Bison dollars for anyone who could reenable the pcengine/tgcd .cue(or .mp3) audio support in the pce core.

Post-Jesus XXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using this new build with input remapping and for some reason I can't manually assign left, right, and down on the D-pad. Up works fine but only up works. This is for the classic controller, which I'm using because it won't let me switch to Gamecube controller at all.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using this new build with input remapping and for some reason I can't manually assign left, right, and down on the D-pad. Up works fine but only up works. This is for the classic controller, which I'm using because it won't let me switch to Gamecube controller at all.

Have you tried the 1.0.2 build that was just released on the libretro site?

Post-Jesus XXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried that, didn't help. Is there any particular reason I wouldn't be able to map buttons to D-pad down, left, and right?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Have never used RetroArch or even heard about it untill just now, so its a multi emulator...and they are different/better to Snes9x GX/FCE Ultra GX/Genesis Plus/Visual Boy Advance GX/WiiSX/Wii64? with different GUI menu screens?

RetroArch is a GUI, but runs separate emulators or also called cores. For Snes, it uses Snes9x Next, which is optimized for Wii and runs many games, even the games GX had speed issue with, at full speed, and the tinny audio issue? Gone. For NES, there's Nestopia and FCEU, Nestopia being them more stable, Genesis Plus is also in there, and the real selling point, VBA Next, many GBA games now run at full speed :D Better than the GX emulators performance-wise :D

BruceBaldock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RetroArch is a GUI, but runs separate emulators or also called cores. For Snes, it uses Snes9x Next, which is optimized for Wii and runs many games, even the games GX had speed issue with, at full speed, and the tinny audio issue? Gone. For NES, there's Nestopia and FCEU, Nestopia being them more stable, Genesis Plus is also in there, and the real selling point, VBA Next, many GBA games now run at full speed :D Better than the GX emulators performance-wise :D
ah okay cool thanks for the information, im gonna try it out then =], so is this still getting updates recently aswell? :wtf:

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
ah okay cool thanks for the information, im gonna try it out then =], so is this still getting updates recently aswell? :wtf:

Yes, it gets regular updates. You can also play Neo Geo games which are far better emulated than on GxGeo, you can also play CPS1 games and for the first time on Wii, CPS2 games. The vanilla FBA core can play many non-CPS1/CPS2/Neo Geo games such as Konami's TMNT, Sunset Riders etc.

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, is it still necessary to name the files for the FBA games by that dumb naming convention in order to get them to run? For example: SSF2, etc...

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Out of curiosity, is it still necessary to name the files for the FBA games by that dumb naming convention in order to get them to run? For example: SSF2, etc...
?? - You have to get the roms for the specific version of FBA anyway, and frankly I can't see you getting them from anywhere where the names have been changed from the likes of 'ssf2.zip' anyway...they're basically named the correct way.
If however you're after the games having their full titles when choosing/playing, then check out wiiflow (Abz masterpiece pack in particular)

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. I was trying to get Wiiflow to show the full titles about a year ago and it wouldn't work. Sounds like it might be possible now. Thanks, I'll check it out.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. I was trying to get Wiiflow to show the full titles about a year ago and it wouldn't work. Sounds like it might be possible now. Thanks, I'll check it out.

It's pretty simple and very nice. basically you just add the plugin numbers and your custom titles to the custom_titles.ini in your wiiflow/settings folder somethin' like this.

[464E454F]
2020bb=2020 Super Baseball
3countb=3 Count Bout
sonicwi2=Aero Fighters 2 [Sonic Wings 2]
sonicwi3=Aero Fighters 3 [Sonic Wings 3]
aodk=Aggressors of Dark Kombat
alpham2=Alpha Mission II
androdun=Andro Dunos
aof=Art of Fighting
aof2=Art of Fighting 2
aof3=Art of Fighting 3

Reactions: CheatFreak47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson